Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Backlund guitars.

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by John Backlund, Dec 20, 2017.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    wow , really beautiful stuff John it is so nice to see some forward thinking designs and totally out of the polytetrahedron, thinking!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm a south paw so to see any of these lefty would be an impossability , and looking at your pics, outstanding , by the way you deserve to have your name in the credits!

Best of... keep doing what you do!:D

John Backlund likes this.
  2. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2014
    Albany NY
    Eastwood offers most of the Backlund models in left handed versions.
    https://eastwoodguitars.com/collections/backlund

Here's a pic of my 400.
    [​IMG]

3. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I'm pretty conservative with guitars but I'd like any or all of these. Really great designs and colours.

4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

in belly button bc Ild be lucky to see a lefty LP and never in gibson, maybe epiphone, or sammick, affinity , so its nice to know these are out there , thank you for posting this for me!

5. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    The Backlund Model 400 DLX is now being offered for a limited time by the Eastwood Custom Shop. This guitar differs from the 'standard' Model 400 by the addition of a Deusenberg 'Les Trem' tremolo, as well as a number of detail cosmetic changes.
    400 DLX gloss black red 1500 pix.jpg
    Image121.jpg
    Image122.jpg

Random1643, Alamo and RLee77 like this.
  6. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Eastwood is currently offering my upgraded version of the model 100, which I have creatively named(?)....the Backlund 'Super 100'.

The catch here is that only twelve of this model will be made, and nine have been spoken for (with deposits) after only two days, so I expect that the extremely limited edition of this guitar to sell out in another day or two.

This is the first Backlund guitar to incorporate a tremolo system (Duesenberg Les Trem with roller bridge), block fretboard inlays, and neck binding.

All twelve Super 100 guitars are to be finished in pearl white, with at least three different colored sets of 'pickguards' with matching truss rod covers included with every guitar, so one day it can have red accents, and another day blue or green.

They are priced at $1399, with a $150 deposit reserving one for delivery expected in January, 2019.

FB_IMG_1539923869392.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    I just checked, and it appears that there is only one Super 100 still available, with eleven of the twelve to be made, sold.

8. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Since production hasn't even begun, why can't powers that be double the run? Sounds like there's a demand... Killer lookin' guitar...

9. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    I kind of wish they would have gone twenty-five in the limited edition offering, but one of my other designs that was reissued as an unlimited, deluxe version, only sold 14 guitars in the time allowed for pre-order deposits.

To make certain that I have a Super 100 example for my own collection of 'my stuff', I'm one of the buyers of this model, and I'm paying full-price for it, so there are actually only eleven going to other buyers of it.

LeftFinger, moosie and 2blue2 like this.
  10. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    The first Backlund bass guitars are, as they say, 'in the works'.

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
  12. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
  13. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Saw my first real Backlunds in a shop in London the other week. Looked grand in the window, but I didn't have time to stop and try them.

14. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Lookee heer!, my firstest, everest, bass guitar, a derivative of my Rockerbox six-string design. Stay tuned, more to come.
    IMG_20181103_221121460~2.jpg

Felino, moosie and Random1643 like this.
  15. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
  16. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Amazing look, as always.

I think with proper manufacturing and distro, a full line of these could give Duesenberg (at least) a run for their money.

17. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
  18. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  19. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Cool! Ronquillo's a great player. Looked like a bit of hesitation turning the upper bout selector knob, though. Toggle is the norm for a reason? The chrome knob does look cool...

20. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.