Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Bluey

Bluey Tele-Meister

May 15, 2018
    Australia
    Walked out the back verandah the other night and heard a cicada, looked and there was what I thought were two having a nookie. Called the other half thinking we might learn something???. But when we turned the light on to observe it turned out to be a funellweb & cicada. By that time the cicada was dead, missus took off back in the house screaming, and I scrambling about looking for a house brick.
    No xmas beatles seen this year either. Odd.

Matt G and trev333 like this.
  2. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Could be the dry dirt that’s like concrete stopping the Cicadas and beetles digging their way to the surface - my theory. Just spent an hour installing a pigeon poop catcher. A crested pigeon decided to build a nest in our trumpet creeper that shades our back patio. Trouble is the nest is right over my reclining chair hence the need to stop the droppings from dropping. Either that or roast pigeon for dinner and as they are a native species and thus protected mummy pigeon won’t be on the menu. Not much meat on the crested pigeons anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

IMG_0258.jpg Here's mummy pigeon, finally the squabs have fledged and left the nest but could not get a clear shot of them.

Attached Files:

chezdeluxe likes this.
  4. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Finally got a shot of the young ones. IMG_0269.jpeg

chezdeluxe likes this.
  5. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
  6. w3stie

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Just finished an R2E2 mango. I'm not a huge fruit lover, but they are sooo good!

7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

"The R2E2 Mango retained its original name, derived from Row 2 Experiment 2 from the row and position in the field of the original tree at the DEEDI´s Bowen Research Station". What a boring way to name a Mango.

8. w3stie

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    True, they should have named it C3PO ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.