Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

But this stuff kinda tastes like gatorade already.....:confused:

2. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Move the telly into the loo Trev.

3. trev333

or get a bucket for the lounge room....:lol:

4. trev333

Man, those neat quartered mixed sangas and a cup of tea were worth the indignity of it all...:lol:

glad that's over until next year....;)

dlew919 and richiek65 like this.
  5. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Glad all went well. One good thing about colonoscopies is that you get to know the results immediately. Worst thing about most tests is waiting days for he results to come through. Have you ever noticed how precisely cut those little triangular sandwiches are, real skill goes into their production.

trev333 likes this.
  6. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    Dr. "You know Mr Smith it is not unusual to get an erection during a colonoscopy "

Patient "But doctor I don't have an erection"

Dr. "No Mr. Smith but I do"

7. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2008
    Brisbane Australia
    Mr Chez, you have just convinced me that my days of having colonoscopies are over.

8. Bluey

Bluey TDPRI Member

May 15, 2018
    Australia
    I know this is a bit off topic @ the moment but has anyone owned or heard a Maton V202 amp in action. I think they are the same as a 1960 Vadis Electrovox?

9. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    No but I know what a Maton L202 guitar sounds like

10. trev333

Rug up lads, looks like a cool weekend coming up around these parts.....

Brisbane is on track to record its coldest days of the year this weekend, with overnight minimums expected to drop to just 6 degrees, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.

It comes after parts of Queensland dropped below freezing on Friday morning, with the southern Queensland town of Roma hitting a low of -1.7 degrees at 6.20am.

I'm glad I'm not out Warwick way...brrrrr..:)

[​IMG]

11. Bluey

Bluey TDPRI Member

May 15, 2018
    Australia
    Def. listed as a Maton V202 …. looks cool, just wondered if anyone knows what they sound like.

IMG_7386-MSS%2061311.jpg

12. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    Is that a Gary’s shop in Coolangatta ..?

13. Bluey

Bluey TDPRI Member

May 15, 2018
    Australia
    I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these amps before I follow up.

14. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    ^^^ Gary is an old mate who runs "Motorcycle Music" in Coolangatta Qld. He has a collection of old Aussie made guitars and amps. He'll be able to give you some more info....That pic looks like it could be taken in his shop.

15. Bluey

Bluey TDPRI Member

May 15, 2018
    Australia
    Awesome. I'll check it out. Cheers.

16. trev333

Had a call from our guitar player yesterday to line up a practice for this arvo... Drummer's keen, you want to have a play?......sure....:)

We hadn't played for near a month, so I got the Tele Bass out tuned it up, tweaked the intonation a bit as it's pretty well settled in now, the new strings still sound a bit bright.... I did use 500K pots though....

Today I just grabbed my cable bag, grabbed the Bass and small folding stand and put them in the truck, bag on the seat and the bass butt on some ropes on the floor and leaned it back on the head rest....

drove hardly a mile to my mate's place unpacked it and set up.. didn't even take an amp just plugged into the PA and started our sound check, the bass sounded the same as the guitars chords. I didn't even cross my mind to check any tuning.... my tuner is clipped to my belt loop....played the session out and had a lot of fun...

packed it all back in the truck and set it back up inside and got on with watching the NRL and surfing on here..

Read the thread about how serious people are about tuning.... and had a wry smile.... Oh Yeah.. I better check my Bass for the hell of it..... still in tune in the green.. sweet....:D

Good Bass build this one... the guys like the sound of it.... I'd like to try some Flats to take some of the zing out of it.. it sustains for days compared to my short scale... I don't need to play as many notes now...:cool:

17. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Dunno . . . sounds like you have magical tone strings . . . maybe wait until the next World Cup and see if they need changing then?

18. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    They stay in tune pretty well. On mine I have a dymo label with E A D G on the bridge to remind me what the notes are in case I ever have to tune up.

;)

trev333 and suthol like this.
  19. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I’ve found a similar thing, strings on a Bass staying in tune in conditions where a “proper” guitar would need retuning. Thinking about the physics of it I suspect the heavier strings and longer length means greater stability, affected less by temperature fluctuations.

chezdeluxe likes this.
  20. trev333

This is nuts... check out the beachside crowd.... any of you Sydney blokes go?..

those were the days, early 80's and guitar rock ruled.....:)

one of my fav Oil's tracks too.....

Shango66 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.