Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I is jealous. Which one did you prefer?

2. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The Himalayan wasnt the best to look at, but was probably closest to my kind of bike (I cut my teeth on an XL500 and owned an early BM GS for a while). 1518179569165.jpg

But I could park one of these in my lounge room..

Crafty Fox likes this.

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I rode a proper Enfield once in my youth. Unreliable, uncomfortable but had a sort of mystic about it. Been interested in the Royal Enfields ever since the Indians started making them. From all reports the early ones were rubbish but now it seems they are up there with the best. Would love it if someone would revive the BSA Gold Star. That was a bike to lust after.

4. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2015
    ca
    i like the looks of em for sure... price is right over here in seppo land... about 5500 i think...

agreed count, love the old bsa bikes... i blame an x woman friend of mine for the fact that i don t have at least one bsa m20 - it s a long story... a gold star would be awesome..

one day i ll own an old british bike..

5. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My old school friend who invited me on the ride, his father had a small collection of BSAs.. they're now in his sons garage awaiting restoration.. 1518239164313.jpg 1518239188556.jpg
    Also in the shot is the little Honda XR75 that we learnt to ride on..

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2018
    St. Louis
    There’s an Aussie I know named Andrew who makes these awesome videos of him doing covers of bluegrass and Texas type stuff. Has a killer version of some filler music from The Beverly Hillbillies. Is he among you fine, upside down folks? :)

7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

8. MrAstro

MrAstro Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2011
    Sydney NSW
    Guilty - don't know about awesome videos but I'm glad you think so :) G'day Mate! Welcome to TDPRI :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Floyd Eye likes this.

9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2018
    St. Louis
    Glad to see someone here I know brother. :)

MrAstro likes this.

10. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    I’m looking forward to Autumn!

11. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    You and me both Rob, too bloody hot to go for a drive in the clubbie.

Oh yeah, racing starts again then too

12. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

yep another stinker up here... 35C and the air is so thick/humid it feels like walking through soup....:lol:

I was sitting at the table this morning doing a restring under the ceiling fan...sweat was dripping off my face onto the guitar and my shrit was saturated.... whew, hard work restringing guitars....:rolleyes:

13. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

34 degrees here today, and yesterday, and the day before that, getting a bit monotonous.dogs flaked out on the tiles in the laundry, fans going full blast. I did a truss rod adjustment on one of my Teles that has a barometer neck, it changes with every change in the weather. Last time I set it, tightened it, the temp was 15 degrees, 34 degrees and I have to loosen it off again. The physical effort of turning the Allan key half a turn got my shrit all wet and brumched. Even my cargo shorts were soaked.

richiek65 likes this.

14. trev333

Cooler today.. we had a band practice penciled in, but the drummer phoned in crook so we called it off...

grrr.. I was keen to have a play....

what the hell, I'll get the Bass out and play to the band in my head....:twisted:

Plugged it into my super 210/+cab using my tele settings, instead of my Bass amp,.. out of laziness......... same house volume, drive channel and reverb.... to see how it sounded...

noodled away practicing my patterns...The Bass sounds damn good through the 210 ..:):cool:

Count likes this.

15. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    It's raining, men. Hallelujah! We've had nearly 10mm since 5pm and it doesn't look like stopping soon. Good steady rain.

Shango66 and trev333 like this.

16. trev333

They're calling rain for tomorrow here, too....

mowing the yard today was a good call then.....:)

17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I was tossing up between racing home to mow before the rain, or putting it off because it was going to rain. The latter won out because it started as soon as I got home.

18. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Rain from Stanthorpe north and rain from Armidale south. We’re stuck in the middle and apart from one shower - nothing. Didn’t bother to rearrange the dust on what used to be lawn. Tomorrow’s forecast look more promising, at least it will be cooler, 22 degrees.

19. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    90 mm of rain here up to 9 am this morning, although it sounded last night like 80mm fell in one five minute period. Bucketed down. Rain all day today, so I'm indoors playing with guitars :)

chezdeluxe likes this.

20. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Looks like it is moving down from you to us w3stie, should get it tomorrow, ground is so dry though that most will probably bounce back up. Went down to Ballina today, rain all the way down and all the way back, patchy but good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.