Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah it is compelling in a strange way..... I've had it on for parts this arvo..... with media player in the top corner on a small page with sound.

hurtling down the tracks with no traffic is kinda cool..... what a great way to get across a wide brown land .. steel on steel..
    ...the landscape hardly changes through the whole show.. there ain't much out there...

imagine the people who walked those great distances in the heat...... with no change in sight whenever they got to a bit of a ridge....

sigh....:lol:

2. trev333

after a few days of 36C in the house..... I coped OK...it's trying to rain and thunder ATM..but it's not succeeding very well.. the breeze is welcome, though......

At least I don't have to shovel the heat off my driveway....:lol:

3. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Nice mangoes Trev. I'd like to grow Papaya but not at all wet enough down here. We will be back to 41C ( 105.8 F) by Thursday. You may have the humidity up there but at least you can strip off and have a free cool shower!!;)

4. trev333

Crikey it's 10 degrees cooler today.... with a dry sou'wester blowing..brrrr...

feel like putting on a jumper tonight....:cool:...

5. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

6 degrees here, overnight minimum. Similar forecast for tonight, might be time to start thinking about getting some firewood in.

6. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Going to see Redd Volkaert & Stuie French playing with Al Tompkins band on 4th of Feb, free non ticketed show at Penrith RSL. ( the same lineup is doing Rooty Hill RSL on Thursday 1st of Feb )

Getting rather excited about it I must say

trev333 likes this.

7. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Super!

Do you know if Redd has anything going on, further south? His site doesn't list anything for those dates, and I'm not having any luck with the usual Aussie sites.

8. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Sorry Matt, no idea I know Stuie and these are the two dates he's doing with him

9. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks all the same. Will look further. I can't imagine he'd spend 25 hours on the plane for two dates, although maybe it's just a mid-holiday target of opportunity.

10. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Al Tompkins brings him out every couple of years for Tamworth and a few dates to promote his guitars which Redd endorses

11. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Crikey! I've been so caught up with moving that I completely forgot about Tamworth. Don't tell me it's 2018 already.

Maybe next time. . . .

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Not only 2018 but the Tamworth weather forecast is a sure indicator that the TCMF is on. Sat 39 degrees , Sun 40, Mon 41, Tue 41, Wed 40 etc. Every year a heatwave. New theory: country music causes heatwaves.

trev333 likes this.

13. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Yeah Redd comes out every 2 years for TCMF. He usually does a late night show at the Wests Leagues Club, but this year they have him scheduled to do shows in the afternoon. Looking forward to checking him out.

14. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    I just saw a dog catch fire in the street. Am getting in the fridge before it's too late.

Crafty Fox and suthol like this.

15. trev333

Stay cool down south folks.... those temps would melt me.....

it's weird..it's been kinda cool/dry up here.... almost reached for a blanket last night it dropped below 25C... brrrr....;)

the Qld Heat wasn't hot enough to win the bag bash last night... well flogged they were....sigh...

EuroBailey likes this.

16. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    For anyone who is interested, here's a link to the live stream page for the 2018 Tamworth Country Music Festival, which runs from 19th to 28th Jan.

http://www.tcmf.com.au/live

17. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Here's a replay of the Opening Concert also.

18. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Thanks hoodie, might watch a bit of that tonight.

19. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Just watched it through, some great acts there. Lots of Teles! I really liked the local boys The Spurs, and those girls were great - Tory Forsyth, Aleyce Simmonds and so on. And the Canadians weren't too bad either. I'll get down there one day. Thanks Hoodie.

20. trev333

I'm getting together with my trio mates for the first time in months for a practice this arvo...

I'll bet we'll all be pretty rusty for a while.... I've hardly played any guitars over the summer, so far....

should be fun though to make some noise again...:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.