Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    Unfortunately Rob a perfect instrument will be mated with an imperfect player. I think I will need to practice a lot between now and next April to make a semi-reasonable impression on Gary Rizzolo. :D

2. chezdeluxe

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    There is no way I am going to trust it to a courier company. Imagine all that effort on the part of the maker gone in a shower of splinters before I touched it. :eek:

I am definitely going to show it off to a mate in Canberra. :p

3. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Well if I thought like that about my Lotus, it would never leave the garage ;)

chezdeluxe likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. chezdeluxe

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    Hey Rob just to let you know there is a car event happening at the Coorparoo Bowls Club on this coming Sunday afternoon 13Aug from 1pm called "Old girls on the road".

It's a celebration of women and their love for older classic cars and is the brainwave of a friend named Tracey Walker.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-27/old-girls-on-the-road-women-and-their-classic-cars/8306190

https://www.facebook.com/Old-Girls-On-The-Road-232740620471370/

It has a great band playing called "The Galilee Three" which is non religious but named after that great galloper who won the 1966 Melbourne Cup. I must admit to having a one third interest in that band.

http://coorparoobowlsclub.com.au/event/sunday-session-the-galilee-three/

I am led to believe that we are unleashed on a soon to be adoring audience around 2pm and will play in fits and starts until we are begged to stop around 5-6.

They serve alcohol at the club which should make things tolerable plus you could bring your Lotus and catch admiring glances from car chicks. (For the Lotus, Rob, not you)

Cheers Mate
    Gerry Ansell

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    richiek65 likes this.

6. w3stie

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Sounds like a hoot Gerry. Will have to see if we can make an appearance.

7. simond

simond Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2011
    Tasmania
    Is Gary still in Hobart? If you're coming all the way to Melbourne why not hop on the ferry and collect it from the workshop?
    Edit: Just checked the website and seems he has relocated to the mainland.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

@w3stie... I bet you are feeling a bit ripped off this winter.... those cool days seem to have vaporized into summer like days way too soon....

where were the cold sou'westerlies for the ecca this year?..... not fair...;)

Played my new small bass rig at practice today,,,,, wonderful sound.... great to stand in front of a 15" Bass bin for a change and get some decent thump happening..... the little kong champ worked great at half volume and low gain.... plenty to cover the drummer and the guitar....much better than playing through cab simulator / PA /floor monitors....... though more gear to lug.... ;)

I lent the guitar player a few of my pedals to try.... ds1/delay/comp.... and suggested he use his bridge HB more often. ( to stay out of my Bass zone)... he usually plays full bar chords on the neck HB between leads.... I/we don't need his bass tones... go for more twang!, I say....

...he was getting some great new sounds.. never went back to the neck... we were all grinning..... Rawk!!!

we even went an hour longer than the 3 we usually aim for..... days getting longer?....

sore fingers.... must get some flat wounds next.... ;)

Steve 78 likes this.

9. w3stie

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    We tried to get there Gerry but it didn't pan out. Hope you were a hit!

10. w3stie

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Yes warm week coming up. At least the nights are still cool!

11. trev333

I was up at 4AM this morning to watch online surfing from tahiti.... it was 18C on the thermo inside....

I'm almost down to sleeping under a sheet, then throwing a light blanket over me in the early morning....

nice weather, I guess.... though we could do with some rain.. people are starting to buy water up here...

12. chezdeluxe

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    Nice afternoon Rob. Present were a Mark I and a Mark II Cortina, RT Valiant Charger, Two Datsun Fairlady sports one 1600cc one 2000cc, MGB, Kombi poptop, VW Superbug, Two Mustangs, HK Holden V8 Premier, Torana XU1, XY Falcon GT replica, Mini Station Wagon with wood trim, 1969 Rambler Javelin SST (I once had a 1970 Hornet SST), all with their lady owners. The band had a lot of fun in a comfortable venue. We will get some future bookings there for their regular Sunday afternoon 2-6 session.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017

13. Steve 78

Steve 78 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Melbourne, Austraila
    I don't know what the official temperature was yesterday, but it was 24 in the house. A summer day in winter, nice!

I got a couple of little jobs done. Re-purposed my first practice amp into a grab-n-go speaker. I replaced the baffle and the kids (2 and 5) helped paint it. I really like the way it turned out. At some point I'm going to build two 1x12" boxes and I might go for a similar look.

speakerbox.jpg

I also made a series connector box for my other speaker box which is a 2 x 12 wired in stereo (no built-in speaker interaction). This will allow me to use it properly with my amps (Mesa mini-rec and Orange Dual Terror) to work out whether I want to use one or the other or both. It's a small thing but another step in getting to my final sound. I feel a lot happier when I can chip away at these things.

series_box.jpg

chezdeluxe likes this.

14. trev333

He's back.....:eek::D

You can tell it's warming up... when the Big lizard comes to visit for a scrounge.... haven't seen him for many months ...

I'll have to keep my eyes open when pottering around outside now, he's usually a stroppy bugga, I don't fancy coming across him in the open...:twisted:

goanna 8-17 1.jpg

goanna 8-17 2.jpg

Steve 78 and suthol like this.

15. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I have been told Trev that they taste like chicken with the texture of fish. Just a hint if he get's too stroppy. Eastern Brown snakes certainly do taste chickeny. One got a bit aggressive one day so rather than let him go to waste we had a snack.

16. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Trev- be careful. I was attacked by one on a surfing trip in 1979 but made it into the back of my station wagon before he got me.
    As the species that's supposed to be top of the food chain I know what I'd do with him.:mad:

17. trev333

My Kurri mates want to eat it, too... but it's their totem and they can't eat these particular ones...

now, the lighter sand goannas from the coast are fair game for them....

maybe he's a messenger from the Dreamtime... and my mates are thinking about me..:D

18. trev333

http://yandinastreetfair.org.au/program-2017/

Our yearly street fair is on next Sunday.... My kids band will be rocking the stage at 1PM....

for the first time our bass player is away.... so I'll have to play bass..... that leaves me with one practice with the kids before Sunday... pressure's on....;)

19. trev333

... and Phil Emmanuel is having a play at 5:30, I see.... beauty, he's always worth a look....;)

richiek65 likes this.

20. trev333

another girl on the bill was in my first school rock band 6 yrs ago... she'd be in gr 12 now, I guess...

She's been singing and performing originals around the coast and on local radio since then.... legend....

21. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Bugger, I was meant to be in Brissie this weekend but the reason for my trip cancelled

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.