Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    Oh I know that. :) I'm just wondering how Queensland will cope without something that they're good at. ;)

suthol likes this.

2. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Funny thing is, prior to this extraordinary run of success for QLD they were talking dropping the series because QLD had lost a handful on the trot

dlew919 likes this.

3. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    There, there all you sad and sorry New South Welshmen.....There,there. :p

dlew919 likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Wasn't particularly interested so as soon as the minister for war and finance went to bed around half time I switched over to the womens cricket on Fox.

Much easier on the eye than a bunch of boofy footy players :D

richiek65 and Shango66 like this.

6. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2008
    Brisbane Australia
    I had no need to listen to the game because our bogan neighbours yelled "Queenslander" at regular intervals. Talk about scaring the possums!

suthol and dlew919 like this.

7. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Where? Where? :lol:

8. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

Dec 3, 2014
    Toowoomba, Australia
    I wasn't far from you at the weekend - Armidale. Very pretty but freakin' cold by my standards. We drove down in the early evening Friday, and I noticed how thinly populated the New England tablelands are - very few house lights and not much traffic.

9. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Queenslander....:lol:

the kids at school today were all pumped about the game... I spend some of lunchtime talking about the game with half a dozen gr6 boys.... they knew all the names of the players on both sides and recounted their favourite moments of the game... one of them even went to see the game live...

what an experience that would have been for a kid....:)

Qld used more first time players this year than any other..28 players...

Blues had the same line up for 3 games for the first time. they should have had an advantage with set combinations, etc...

They've won at Lang Park before, so there was no hoodoo for them there... they just couldn't match it with a fresh new young qld side... with a few old heads to guide the way..

10. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    And a rather freakish performance by one of the wingers from "my" team

trev333 likes this.

11. trev333

Valentines day up here ....;)

3 tries in an origin game is pretty special for a rookie.... especially playing outside an irregular centres pairing, Gagai and Morgan.... who both did a great job as rookies ...... as did Munster in his first game at 5/8 that was a big ask... he had a great game as well...

there were a lot of good experienced Qlders out of the side...

dlew919 likes this.

12. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    I'd put my money on the team with the least Tattoos
    I figure they should spend more time at training and less time preening themselves with tats.

13. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Don't tell everyone 'cos that's how we want to keep it Tony. My father on a visit from the UK years ago got me to pull over on the New England Highway. He got out and took a couple of photos in each direction. He said that no one in the U.K. would believe you could have a National Highway where, if you took a pic. there would be no cars on the road except for the one you were in.

richiek65 and Steve 78 like this.

14. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    The westerlies have kicked in I reckon. Getting chilly outside.

15. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Finally we have got winter.

16. trev333

An absolutely perfect day up here for school sports day today.... mid 20's, not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind....

I had to man the BBQ and cook up 5 dozen snags for the lunch break.....a big day for food/drink at the tuckshop today.... 3 of us to do the work and all went smoothly without panic......

a good day, I even got a chance to duck down to the oval to check out some of the events.... and to see what sort of sports men/women my band kids were.... ;)

17. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2008
    Brisbane Australia
    I saw this little fellow drop down through the branches outside my window. He seems quite happy to hang around. P1020092.JPG IMGP0020.jpg

18. trev333

hey guys.. you know those thin piezo pickups that go under the saddle of an acoustic...

do they have a bass end and a treble end ?..do the strips have a bias?....

just trying to decide which end of the slot to drill the hole for the wire.... or whether it matters which way it goes in..

cheers..

19. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

Dec 3, 2014
    Toowoomba, Australia

I've used a few, and none have had any kind of bias. I don't know if you have had any experience with them before, but some are very sensitive to contact pressure, so you have to make sure that the bottom of the saddle slot and the saddle itself are dead flat, or use shims, or a flexible saddle like the "Fishbone" to get even output. A lot of folks opt for "bug" type transducers like the K&K these days.

trev333 likes this.

20. trev333

21. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    You blokes call it football when it's hardly ever kicked and it's thrown to each other ???
    AFL- where the footballers must kick it and kick a goal, or point, to score. Also they can leap well over 6' to mark it.

My last point is that the majority of Australian states play the great AFL game- you blokes just fight it out amongst two states. Oh I forgot, only 55,000 at a game- we get that every week and 100,000 at the Grand Final if you can get a ticket!!
    Yep, I sound like I'm trolling.:p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.