Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Austin?

Discussion in 'US Gig Alerts' started by kyljoy, Jul 5, 2017.

1. kyljoy

kyljoy TDPRI Member

Jun 12, 2017
    US
    I'm stoked to go to Austin for the first time on Sunday. Does anybody from tdp play locally there?

I'd also like to hear any opinions on best places to see shows. Blues, rock, jazz, almost anything... I know I'll be in Texas, but country is not my favorite.

Thanks in advance!

2. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Go to the elephant room for jazz. I used to go see ephraim Owens (trumpet player for Erika Badu/Tedeschi Trucks band) for free there.
    Antone's is a world famous blues bar in Austin. That is where SRV used to hang out, and where Gary Clark jr got his start.
    For TDPRI members your best bet is to go to the Continental Club. They have two rooms; one of which does mostly local non country acts.
    I would also recommend venturing down to Gruene Hall in New Braunsfels if you have the time. Lots of history there, and lots of free music on the weekends.

3. kyljoy

kyljoy TDPRI Member

Jun 12, 2017
    US
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely headed to the elephant room and Antone's.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    The Saxon Pub is another great venue, it features 3 acts every evening.
    I play in Austin all the time.
    How long will you be in Austin?
    If you are here Sunday, you can catch Heybale at the Continental Club at 9PM.
    Great band featuring Redd Volkaert, Earl Pool Ball and Dallas Wayne.

6. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Man! Heybale! is great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.