Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

August Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Aug 3, 2014.

1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Did anyone post that last track on soundcloud where you don't have to login or can I PM someone for it?

2. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2003
    Calhoun, GA

3. telleutelleme

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston

4. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire

It is now. Sorry about that, I didn't realize I had to make it downloadable.

5. telleutelleme

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Thanks, got it.

6. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I like your track asatbender !

7. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2003
    Calhoun, GA
    Thank you!

8. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks. Probably more "amp" and effects than guitar there. It was a Dr. Z model (PhD Motorway?) on the POD, with some tube screamer and analog delay. (Les Paul neck pickup.)

BT#1 was also the LP in the middle position dialed down a lot into a Bassman model with the tiniest bit of slapback, compression, and maybe trem - can't remember - trying to get more of that thin 50s/60s & single coil kind of sound on that one.

For me, having all those "amps" to play with is just too much fun. Don't even have a "real" amp anymore!

9. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Well, it can always be better - we're our own worst critics - but I thought it sounded pretty good! Very listenable with a good rhythmic fit, too.

10. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Nice melody on that track Still_Fiddlin.

11. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Ok, you guys are killing me! Can't hardly keep up with it all. I have a regular day job, requires some travel, some long hours. But I really enjoy doing this, because I learn stuff every time. So here's my version of the 2nd backing track. Recorded with GarageBand, using a Squier CV tele, neck pickup, simulated Super Reverb, direct in; the software has a name for each amp emulation, this one was "Smooth Soul" and also has a sustain pedal and vibrato pedal. I usually do these in about 2 passes. And on this one, I added an acoustic at about 1:50 for some extra flavor, I guess. Didn't write any lyrics, just didn't.
    https://soundcloud.com/colotexardo/tdpri-aug-take-2-mix1

… and hey, all the submissions have been really enjoyable. I really like hearing how different it comes out.

…and this was post #1000 for me; not sure if that's good or bad...

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    That's a nice relaxing playing teletimetx , it sounds good!

13. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Nice double stop ideas.

14. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Really nice, Teletimetx. I love that short part around 2:00 where you play those high single notes. And it is great how the feeling of the song changes when at the end you start strumming that acoustic guitar.

15. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's

Mar 20, 2007
    Sweden
    Yes, I thought it was someone else, but I only checked the first post in this thread and thought that I must be getting old. You're right, I was meaning to give cred to jjpish68. On the other hand it was August's backing track that triggered me to post it. :lol:

So;
    Thanks to you both, jjpish68 and Mellencaster!

16. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Ok - here's my take on the third track supplied by mjark; kind of derivative, but hey, couldn't help. Same squire CV into Garageband, amp simulated looks like a tweed bassman 1X15 with sustain and delay pedal. middle position on pickups, switched it to bridge only about 1:40ish.

Special Thanks to Mellencaster and Mjark for posting these guys.
    https://soundcloud.com/colotexardo/am-vamp-aug-tdpri-bt-3-from-mjark

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

17. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Nice, Teletimetx, really nice. Carlos goes swamp - love that. Good overall playing and some especially beautiful lines at the beginning, in between and near the end.

Again pleasantly surprised with the complete different outcomes where we all start from the same spot.

18. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I really liked the outro lines you played, they were very nice.

19. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Nice one teletimetx! I definitely hear some swamp rock in that tune!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.