Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

August Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

2. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    That one will be a challenge to me, yes sir!

3. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Me too !! No country rhythm in me at all except cowboy chords that I know but I'm looking forward to the challenge .

4. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Well, this one ought to be right up my alley. We'll see.

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    …bein' as how I'm in Texas and all, you might think this was pretty close to home, but not so much for me. However, I like the challenge, too, so we'll see. However it goes, it will be fun.

6. Pants

Pants Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2011
    Austin
    Dig the solo, Mellencaster. Dunno exactly why, but some of those licks kind of reminded me of Scotty Johnson's playing on the later Gin Blossoms albums.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

8. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    okay guys, i'm new to this. So what am I supossed
    to do, shake my stick at it?

Can I put guitar on top?
    i noticed Fendergyrl even put word, vocals on
    the last one. Is that also invited?

Can I just do what I want to it?

any rules? no rules?

9. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I am wondering that also?

I am gonna work on some western swing licks this month. Excited to get out my lap steel and color outside of the lines.

Mellencaster that was awesome! ;)

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    No rules. You can do what you like to it and have fun!... Thanks FenderGyrl!

11. jbmando

Here's a rough first take. I didn't get the ending the way I wanted it, but I figured I put up the initial effort even with the clams. I'm tuned DGDGBE and I'm running my Modern Player Tele on the bridge humbucker, which was a mistake. I intended to use the bridge in single coil mode. Maybe that's why my guitar sounds a little too loud and not that twangular. When I was checking the sound I had the SC working. :mad: Anyway, it's through my Peavey Bandit 112, Gain channel, Supersat on 1, Post on 1, Bottom on 9, Edge on 3; all into the air captured by a crummy webcam (Logitech C920) with my computer playing the track into the air out of Logitech Z313 speakers.

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    You got some country mojo going there JB , really liking your track . That Bandit 112 does it for sure , I had a Bandit 65 that I couldn't get that kind sound out of it like yours.

13. jbmando

Thanks Mell. I want to re-do it with the SC p'up but it doesn't sound too bad.

14. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    +1 !

15. jbmando

Yeah. I just did a run through with the SC pickup and clean. Way better. I'll do a take tomorrow and put it up. Can't now, neighors'd scream!

Thanks, FG.

16. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Back to the woodshed.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014

17. jbmando

Mjark, is that latency or a delay with the echo louder than the original? It makes it hard to listen to for me. Maybe it's my computer.

18. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    It's delay but there's a duplicate dry track that wasn't supposed to be there. I had so much trouble last night I just left it. Your right though it's too far off. I'll have to redo it.

19. eichaan

eichaan Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Good job guys! JBMando, I really like your picking and phrasing--you are such a good player! And Mellencaster sounds pretty authentic to me, though a bit buried in the mix.

I wouldn't say that country is my bag, but that made this extra fun to play with. Here is my attempt, using my Xaviere Tele into a Vox Pathfinder 15R into Garageband. I've edited it down to about 2 minutes, and I may go back later in the month to try to redo it, but this was the best I could do in an hour.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12877349&q=hi&newref=1

I have to say, I LOVE this TDPRI Jam concept. As July was winding down I was getting so excited for the next track to get posted. Thanks for organizing this and making it so educational.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.