Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

At it again...this time it's an EVH Frankenstrat

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by John Nicholas, Dec 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    She really is a keeper!!

Thank you!

2. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    Happy Belated B-Day John!

John Nicholas likes this.

3. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Thank you Chris!!

4. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    You could further test that by doing some building in the kitchen, since it is too cold outside. Make sime googly eyes and report back to us.:D

5. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I do some assembly and set up stuff on the dining room table... does that pass the "test"?? ;)

6. I_build_my_own

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    Naaa. It would involve sanding

7. I_build_my_own

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    ... start with sanding by hand, before you bring in the belt sander :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

8. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    My wild guess is... that NO woman would want her significant other to sand anything in the house... personally I hate sanding so much that it would be horrible to bring it indoors.

The real question is would you be "allowed" to sand inside your house? Or would your wife do something very bad to you???

9. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    This is why I got into my "mancave room", shut the door while listening to some music and sand over a trash can. Vacuum Cleaner and dust rags take care of the rest. It beats going out to the workshop in the cold.

awasson likes this.

10. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Unfortunately, spraying any kind of paint/lacquer/primer/sealer gives off too much fumes that takes over the house and can't be gotten away with.

11. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2014
    Burbank, CA
    Happy Birthday John!

12. I_build_my_own

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    Only in the basement in my mancorner (not cave). :D

13. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    It's awesome that you have a room with a door for this... our house does not have this luxury... the one room I could possibly use is our home office... it would be a nightmare to have dust in there!

Even painting in the garage can seep into the house. In fact when I paint outside the guitar bits get hung on the tree in the front yard... they look like odd Christmas ornaments in the spring, summer and fall... trouble is, when you bring them into the garage at night they still outgas...

14. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Thank you very much Mike!

Have a great Christmas!

15. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Can you do the sanding in the Garage?

16. John Nicholas

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Oh yeah... there's dust everywhere in there... it's just really cold at this time of the year!

The one expensive addition I want to make in 2017 is a ceiling mounted air filtration unit....

17. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Sounds like you need a heater first.:D

18. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

Nov 13, 2011
    Colorado
    I think the whole "women don't like Rush" thing is a little overstated. When I saw them there were tons of women in the crowd (very happily so!), and if you watch any of their concert DVDs you'll see quite a few too, singing along and everything! Also, if you check out the main Rush fan forum, they have an entire sub where the ladies go gaga over old photos of Alex ;).

Ha! I hadn't noticed that before! They probably just needed some extra footage to fill in, but with VH it's probably also a distinct possibility that the video editor was partying and didn't care too much about continuity :lol:.

On a related note, if you watch the concert scenes in This is Spinal Tap you'll see the on-stage microphones' pop filters constantly disappear and reappear. I noticed that a few years ago and now I can't not see it every single time! I think it's during "Stonehenge" that I notice it most, but I haven't watched TiST in over a year so I forget exactly.

19. mudimba

mudimba Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 19, 2015
    California
    I would whole heartedly recommend this. My life got a lot better when I got one of those. Remember that no matter how much it costs, it is cheaper than dealing with silicosis, emphysema, etc.

20. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

Nov 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Not to steal OP's thunder but since I needed a neck anyway, I just got a screaming deal on an Allparts that was too good to pass up. They have their KEO banana headstock necks on clearance (12" radius, Floyd nut shelf and ebony fretboard) and I just pulled the trigger. Only $104 shipped (originally $240 direct from AP), if anyone wants to get in on that deal! I figured OP and everyone else in this thread would appreciate the banana headstock ;).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.