Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Astro(not) — Fuzz, Delay, Envelope Vibrato

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by BariTele, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM.

1. BariTele

BariTele Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2015
    Portland, Oregon
    A MidFi Clari(not) built on vero. This effect is hard to classify, but it will do everything form "instant lead tone" to "dying tape machine" to "angry robot farts". If you haven't heard one of these yet, go listen to some demos! It's a really fun circuit.

[​IMG]

I'm really pleased with this enclosure. The knob arrangement is tight, but I think it makes a statement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a new finishing technique for me. The graphic is a water-slide decal that I adhered using Mod Podge to prevent silvering. The clear coat is also Mod Podge. I basically followed the directions here: six thin coats with a fine brush, 15–20 minutes in between coats. I let it dry for a day or two, then sanded: first with 400 grit paper, then with #0000 steal wool. Last, a final coat of mod podge for a semi-gloss finish.

[​IMG]

This looks sloppy, but the slack in the wire makes it much easier troubleshoot and install.

Iago, jddub440 and matmosphere like this.
  2. NotAnotherHobby

NotAnotherHobby Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2015
    Da' Magic Mittin'

Oh, now THAT demands an audio sample!

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. BariTele

BariTele Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2015
    Portland, Oregon

Not my YouTube account, but the same circuit. Robot farts start at 1'30".

This is probably the best demonstration of more "musical" applications:

5. NotAnotherHobby

NotAnotherHobby Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2015
    Da' Magic Mittin'
    I wouldn't call those sounds robot darts. The word "tortured" comes to mind though. I think the effects are very cool. Good work!

6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Nice man. I love the graphics; I do my homebrew builds with waterslide decals also. Great job on the finish, even the knob arrangement looks cool. I wouldn't sweat the wiring too much, it's certainly tidier than the tube-powered OD box I'm trying to wrap up this weekend...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.