Arizona -- The GRAND Canyon State CLUB!!!

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by cowboytwang, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BrewinHooligan

BrewinHooligan TDPRI Member

That fella came out of Bartlett Lake north of Scottsdale. There are some monster flathead catfish in those waters too.

2. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Friend of Leo's

It was >100 when I left a few days ago...currently enjoying the beautiful weather in Québec. Not looking forward to the oncoming summer.

3. Rustbucket

Recently looking to get more involved in music here in the east valley. I’m more of an acoustic roots music guitarist/singer but dabble with Tele as well. Who’s up for a jam? PM’s welcome!

4. mistermikev

mistermikev Tele-Holic

howdy az git fiddlers - mike v here. I grew up on the mean streets of East De Pere Wisconsin, baptized in the infamous Green Bay blues(hehe), but have been native to surprise since 07'ish. Nice to know I'm not alone afa git-fiddlin' goes.

As long as I've been here... I haven't really engaged/witnessed the local music scene. Would love any suggestions of open mics or other things worth checking out on the north west'ish side?

5. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Lake Pleasant, 1982. I'm on the right, that's the guy on the left"s daughter.
    3 Amigos 2.jpg

Lake Pleasant, 1998, not too long after the lake filled up from the new dam. Just over 11 pounds.
    Big Bass_321x480.jpg

Rustbucket, Georox and ravindave_3600 like this.
  6. Rustbucket

Anybody else in town catch the Isbell concert last night? It was my first time in Phoenix Symphony Hall and loved the venue.

Great show with Amanda Shires opening and sitting in for Jason’s full set on fiddle. First time I have seen him live since he went solo. Great mix of electric and acoustic playing.

He played mostly newer stuff, but did throw in a couple tunes from his DBT days.

OlRedNeckHippy likes this.
  7. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Scottsdale here!

IMG_4547.JPG

ravindave_3600 likes this.
  8. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Wide angle shot, taken through the windshield at 50 mph, westbound on Carefree Highway. One of those old 'disposable' cameras, developed, then scanned in.

Sunset2.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.