Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Are people high... or just stupid? (Used guitar price content)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Joan. the wife was going to a room at the top (and she ain't comin... down...)
    diminutive. petite. no mention of handsize.

i believe no cabbage was cooked in the proceedings.

drf64 and studio1087 like this.

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    I'm trying to sell a Gibson Angus Young sg at the moment. It's the cheapest in the world I have seen online and guys are messaging saying it's too expensive. Works both ways. Limited supply usually drives the price up as does any special features like one piece body, select wood, custom shop or actual human did some work on it in production etc.

Look at the hello kitty strats that could be had for $100 bucks or less at the time. Now fetching well over 4 times that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    This will make you chuckle. These folks are high.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=183115108429

I found mine online at our local GC for $199. I paid instantly and picked it up the next day. My favorite guitar salesperson shook his head like "John you have to be kidding me". I bought the bass new about 14 years prior to use as a short scale recording bass. The ebay dude started his guitar at $1,030.00.

If someone wants to trade a Gibson Joan Jett for my Hello Kitty I'll take the deal and drive the Kitty Cat guitar to your home (48 States only).

[​IMG]

DCW74, bottlenecker and Chunkocaster like this.

4. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Not judging. I'm just a big fan of inductive reasoning:

1. traveled extensively from a young age
    2. diminutive
    3. shows up at venues requiring a fee for entry

if I just had 2 more hits I think I could make the diagnosis. In the absence of small hands and smelling of cabbage, I'll say it's inconclusive.

ftbtx and Grant Austin like this.

5. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nov 14, 2003
    Kittery, Maine
    There was one for sale on CL yesterday for $700. Cheapest I've seen. Appears to be gone already. Guitarist in the band I play in has one and paid somewhat more than that. $1000 seems to be what they go for. Cool guitar.

6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    When I spotted the hello kitty strats when they were new they were on sale for $99 bucks and I had a coupon to save even more. At the time I considered buying one to mod and respray. It was only later I heard reports that they were decent players.
    I would have destroyed its value if I had bought one and resprayed, modified it.

7. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

May 27, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Wow. I always wanted the Strat as a guilty pleasure thing. Shoulda picked one up!

What is the bass called? I've never seen those.

The Joan Jett guitar? No way I would pay that much (assuming I wanted one), but not hard at all to imagine other people buying them.

8. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei TDPRI Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Simple. People are stupid.

drmmrr55 likes this.

9. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

May 27, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Yes sir, had the same thoughts.

Joe Gore has one and I remember reading that it was very playable.

bender66 and Chunkocaster like this.

10. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    The answer would be “Yes” :)

That being said. I have found some CL bargains, going to go look at an ibanez acoustic tomorrow.

But I’m a cheap bastage.

11. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Holic

Jan 14, 2017
    Phoenix
    Both it seems

Frank'n'censed likes this.

12. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin

What?? I didn't even know these existed. I'm delighted to hear joan jett guitars are gaining value. As it should be.

soulgeezer likes this.

13. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    After spending the day reading the Elon Musk thread, I can confirm this is correct. There are lots of stupid people participating in the guitar market.

viccortes285 likes this.

14. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    As a resident of this fair state I can only agree with you totally.

hollowman likes this.

15. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    That’s the Batz Maru short scale bass. It’s a Squier Bronco with the goofy stuff added. I was going to buy a new Bronco at $149 but the Batz was $199. I went Batz. Batz Maru is not a bat, he is a naughty penguin. FYI. I had no clue 14 years ago.

[​IMG]

radiocaster likes this.

16. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    This is where I get all my stuff. In Atlanta, it’s a huge market. Pages of gear added daily.

brookdalebill likes this.

17. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Just look at the completed auctions on Ebay. Very few guitars with the $1000+ price tags are actually selling. But people keep relisting them, firmly believing they are worth what they think they should be.

18. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    Badtz Maru actually means incorrect, correct when translated within context. It's the marks that teachers in Japan give when scoring classwork. Badtz or "batsu" is an X for incorrect and maru is a circle for correct.

studio1087 likes this.

19. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    I don't see a problem with people asking whatever they want, I stopped questioning that a long time ago.
    Feel free to pass buying at a price that doesn't suit you

SheldonP and Chunkocaster like this.

20. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2013
    SC
    They are not high, they are inherently stupid. You would not believe the laws I would make if I was a lawmaker. Lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.