Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

April Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    Thanks guys. That's a piece I have been tinkering with for a long time and figured I'd offer it up because it is a bit different.

Here are the specs if anyone is interested:

Studio One @ 96kHz

Bass: Squier Precision Jazz
    Guitar: Epiphone Sheraton II
    Drums: Session Drummer 3 from Cakewalk.

Guitars were run through my ART tube mic pre and ART tube comp. I used a transient shaper plugin on the snare in SD3 to change the sound of it quite a bit.

2. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    You might be sure that I will allways produce a mistake. In every track I posted there are little flaws. Sometimes I play things which I like very much myself, but absence of defectiveness for me seems something like a utopian dream ;)

3. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

4. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Here's some track #4 feedback for those who've participated so far.

April #4

• Ullrich - Nice dual guitars. I like that descending riff, and the AC/DC-ish hammer on section towards the end. :cool:
    • Mark - Lots of good thing happening in this track Mark. Well done. :D
    • Mike - That's a seriously crazy track you've got there. I like the hard panning, but the levels could've been up a smidge. But then again you might've lost the BT if you'd done so. At least I can hear it all, even if I do have to concentrate. Well done. :cool:
    • Joe - That's jaw-droppingly good Joe. From the opening riff to the last note. Well done! :cool:
    • Shane - I like the way you developed this track and modulated the intensity of your playing as the BT wove it's way through the various sections. :cool:

5. Shane_B.

Shane_B. Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2015
    Peculiar, MO.
    That was really good! I love the panned guitars. That part at the end was excellent. Good sound, good mix, great playing. It kind of reminded me of the Allman brothers a little at the beginning.

I liked the dual guitar parts. That beginning part with the walk down was really good. Great tone. I listened to the end and enjoyed the whole thing. It's a long song for sure. :)

Loved the sound of the guitars. The whole thing sounded good to me. I really liked you playing style on this.

Sounded great to me. Really liked the sound you were getting on the guitars.

McFoodie! You've done it again! [/Mr. Magoo voice]That was awesome! :lol: I picked up on a couple of tuning things here and there, but that was really good!

6. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    This was my intention, I wanted do more harmonized stuff, but found that the first recorded guitar made it a little difficult to do that. Thank you for your positive comment - you too, Phil!

7. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, I have to confirm Shane. Presumed the corresponding soft- / hardware, one could finish the mix a little better, but what is really important is the quality of your ideas and their realisation, and that again was really good. Yes Sir, a mandolin on hard rock track is something that has to come to one´s mind! Respect, Phil, respect!

8. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Mandolin !?!That actually sounded pretty cool Phil !Nicely done! I'm going to start calling you HoodieMcHipster ;):)

9. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks for the comments Phil and Shane but did ya even listen to my track and not someone elses :lol:

10. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Phil you turned it into something Rootsy. Interesting idea.

11. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thanks Shane. That'd be the slide that was out I guess. Hard to be 100% accurate, but I think I'm getting better.

Yes I did rush the mixing I must admit. I had a bad day at work and just wanted to get it out. I was going to go down the hard rock path, but that riff on the BT was talking to me in a different language.

Call me whatever you like, but don't call me late for dinner. :lol:

That was the intention. 2 of my recent musical influences (over the last 6-8 years) are Seasick Steve and 8 Ball Aitken. I really wanted to play Dobro on this track, 'cos that's what I heard in my head, but I don't have one.

Thanks everyone for listening and for your feedback. I wonder what next month has is store for us. :?:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.