Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Apparently, they didn't plan on people changing the nut.

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by WhatDoIKnow, Jan 26, 2013.

1. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

I bought one of these tele-style guitars when the were $79,99. Really not a bad guitar with a little work. I actually really like the neck.

I decided to do a fret level and crown job on it. Frets stock were a little rough. I am use to just knocking the nut out of the slot with little trouble. Well, the must have used epoxy on this one. I cut around it with a utility knife the best I could, but it still ended up taking a little chunk out of the fretboard. Ended up having to use a Dremel to get it all out.

Not a big deal, as this is a cheap guitar, and I have another nut on hand, but I thought that was crazy.

2. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

I have had to hacksaw all the way across the old nut , to let it collapse completely in the slot to get it out some times....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.