Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Apollo Central - Console 1 now controls UAD Apollo

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by paratus, Nov 20, 2017.

1. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Just got an email from Softube. Console 1 now can control UAD Apollo, including the UAD Console application and various UAD Unison plug ins.

From the email...

Control your Apollo with Console 1

Welcome to Apollo Central, the new center of your recording world.

If you own a Universal Audio Apollo interface, you will now be able to switch modes within the Console 1 on-screen display and affect preamp gain, volume, pan, send levels and more in UA Console. You can track with real-time effects; create and send headphone mixes; import and adjust a vocal chain; all with a hands-on analogue feel and a fingertip workflow.

You’ll save time, you’ll enjoy yourself, and you’ll do better-sounding work than ever.

Apollo Central Key Features:
    • load plugins and presets without touching a mouse
    • control near-zero-latency guitar amps, reverbs, compressors
    • hardware control of unison enabled preamps, pre-mapped and laid out right there on your desk

And the obligatory Youtube videos...

I am GEEKED!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017

2. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    I have an Apollo twin duo I really don't see the advantage of the Console 1. It's looks like it dose the same thing as the on screen console that comes with the Apollo, what's the deference in turning a knob or using a mouse either way your hand is off the guitar. A big question is can you load second party plug-ins? I don't like using the console for plug-ins just for the reason you can't use second party PI and you have to click on the console icon to bring up the console it's much easier just to look at the Mix window and see all the PI for each channel. (Logic) Don't get me wrong the Apollo Twin is one of the best upgrades I've done, UA plug-in are just incredible but the price for them is just not reasonable for the average person doing simple home recording. I just have the few PI that came with the console.

3. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    I have an Apollo Twin, but had to tear down my recording setup temporarily due to some basement flooding. Haven’t hooked everything up since they made this change. Will have to check it out, though I’m not sure how beneficial these changes are.

Edit: just read the op again. I guess it doesn’t affect me, as it sounds like “console 1” is a hardware unit that I don’t have.

4. paratus

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Exactly, Console 1 (from Softube) is a hardware controller that works with four dedicated channel strips from Softube, and a couple from UAD, as well as various Softube and UAD channel strip elements (transient shapers, eq, gates, comps etc).

The updated Softube Console 1 software lets you control the UAD Apollo Console software with the Softube Console 1 hardware. (TOO much similarity between all these console names!!).

I like the workflow, where I can get away from using a mouse and use analog controls instead. I find it easier on the eyes and a lot more accurate.

ac15 likes this.

5. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    It looks like it does basically what any MIDI controller could be setup to do. I don't really see the advantage but if you like it buy it!

paratus likes this.

6. paratus

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    The software I was referring to in the OP is free. The Softube Console 1 hardware isn't free of course, but IMO is much more convenient and useful for mixing than a generic MIDI controller.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.