Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone up for a 'Thursday morning weight loss club'?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GigsbyBoyUK, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Just sardines in water for lunch before the gig, plenty of water.

2. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Back to 174 this morning.
    Pretty well at my goal. Like to stay between 170-175.

I eat what I want, just break it into about 6 little meals a day and try to keep it to around 2200-2400 calories a day. That's the adult recommended amount.
    I splurge a little every week or so, but get at least 45 minutes of walking a day and a couple sets of easy exercise.
    I think that's the only way to do it and keep with it as part of an every day lifestyle.

I've kept mine off for 8 years now with just a couple of little hiccups.

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan

:eek: I think I'd rather have a sandwich and a 30-minute jog...

Man, still holding steady at +/-70kg. Apparently, I need some money on the line. :neutral: I am pretty happy that I've maintained about half my weight loss since June (I'm about 12 lbs lighter than I was back in April), without being especially "good" about it, but it's weird to see that I need to set up some kind of situation/game/betting/specific date-goal or something to get myself to focus.

I know how to DO it, but I don't know how to make myself do it....

4. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Tele-Afflicted

Come on boys. Another week another check in
    200.4 pounds today.
    Had to skip two days at the gym. Start back Friday. Eye candy body here I come!!!!!

5. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    I'm cruising at 177!

6. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    I can't seem to break the 170 mark however much I try. Though I didn't gain any on a 2 week vacation, which surprised me!
    Had a Dr. checkup and she was pleased with the weight and all my bloodwork results.
    total cholesterol was only 138.

7. BadHorsie

BadHorsie Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Texas, USA
    I know it is not Thursday but........................ I really feel like sharing. I have continued to struggle with my ankle issue, but can finally say that I am starting to make progress with it . I am back to being able to work out and I have changed the way I eat. Last year was a tough year for me, and I plan on making 2016 a better one.

I was 315.9 lbs at my last doctors visit. Today I have lost 16.1 lbs . I am down to 299.8 lbs.

So today is a special day for me, I reached a goal that I was starting to think I would not be able to reach. I finally got below 300.00 lbs :D It is no time like the present for getting back on track.

:lol:Bumpity Bump Guys:lol: I will be back Thursday!!!!!!

8. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    BadHorsie, one of my very best friends in my whole life has a weight problem and I keep giving him the advice for a super easy way to lose weight: Cut the carbs. He doesn't follow my advice.

I would never expect strangers on a guitar forum to try something I recommend.

BadHorsie, if you completely cut carbs and carbs you eat from processed food you will be at 199 in a year from now.

9. BadHorsie

Jul 26, 2007
    Texas, USA
    I am on a very strict regimen processed and bad carb bearing foods are not part of it. Now that I am able to, I work out at a minimum of 30 min every day. I usually do more. I have learned that I had to have a solid plan in place. I work on it one day at a time now. It has almost become habit. Thanks for stopping by and the advice.

10. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    Great to hear regarding strict carbs. Carbs are the key.

If you don't mind my personal testimonial: Nineteen years ago, over the period of fifteen months with no effort other than eating eating less carbs I lost about 70 pounds, from 199 to around 130 or less. Ever since then I've maintained 140 to 145. I love greasy fried hamburger patties and steaks and I love to cook. I love to eat, I'm never hungry. Fresh meat and vegetables. I only rarely eat processed food or a carb.

11. BadHorsie

Jul 26, 2007
    Texas, USA
    your company is appreciated

12. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    Thank you BadHorsie, you have my company on your journey. Until you don't want my company you have it.

All the best.

13. BadHorsie

Jul 26, 2007
    Texas, USA
    Had a great work out this morning. I am down 2.2 lbs, I now weigh 297.6

14. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    In training this week so no update.

15. Short Circuit

Short Circuit Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Down another pound to 214. I could do better if I watched what I ate during the week.
    I can't seem to get this portion control thing downpat !!!!!!LOL

Mark

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.