Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone up for a 'Thursday morning weight loss club'?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GigsbyBoyUK, Jan 4, 2012.

1. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 17, 2006
    Prairie Hill, Texas
    Still hovering around 250, I have lowered my calorie intake and increased protein, the weight should start coming off. Not being able to exercise is making it a slow process...

2. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington

An increase in protein may make you gain some muscle? That'd keep your weight up, even if you're trimming fat.

3. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    I'm stuck at 178. I've been trying to keep carbs to a minimum.

I am gonna start cataloging my food for now.

4. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    195 this morning. 52 years old, 5'11". I tore my calf on December 7th and blew up to 205, my all-time high. All in the belly.

I'm eating my grilled tilapia salad now. My doctor frowned at me last month for my blood pressure, weight, lack of exercise and refusal to cut back on my three drinks a day routine. When my blood pressure didn't go down after a week of healthy living, I started to get serious.

No salt. One coffee. Bicycle to the park and soccer practice five times a week. This week was brutally hot. I eat oats, fruits, vegetables, fish, beans, unsalted nuts. Water. Sanpellegrino during the day, tap water during workout, two beers at night. Sleep eight hours.

I clocked 124/85 this morning. Not bad.

Tonight I have my first practice with the last place team in North Jersey's over fifty senior soccer league. The fall season begins in September. By then I'll be at 185, as long as my body stays in one piece.

5. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington

Way to go man!!

6. thinling

thinling Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 3, 2012
    New York
    I forgot to post last week: I did weigh myself and was 202.2 lbs, which was pretty much the same as the week before (202.4).

Today I am 200.0 lbs. Altogether since starting five weeks ago I have lost 4 lbs.

I need to cut out chocolate, drink more water, and exercise more!

7. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    They say losing one pound a week is the way to do it. That way it tends to stay off. Good job.

8. adkima00

adkima00 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 27, 2012
    192.6. Down 2 pounds or so in the past two weeks.

9. Tuffruff93

Tuffruff93 TDPRI Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Missouri
    Got up to 300 pounds over Christmas. That was my all time high. Down to 215 now. Hope I stay there!

10. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    I've been 178 for a few weeks, this morning a nice surprise, 174.6!

11. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm retiring first of next month. With the loss of stress and the need to be more aerobic I'm going for 30 lbs. I cut out bread and beer the first part of July and am more than 15 lbs. down so far. Hope by my retirement party in one month to be down another five or so.

Lots greens, lot's of protein, lot's of good fats, lots of water and that's about it. Good luck fellas!

12. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    I'm checking in with some startling results...

My wife bought a new scale (I've been weighing in at work) and it measures all kinds of stuff...

I'm coming in at:

181 lbs
    23.9% body fat
    41.1% muscle mass
    56.5% water weight

The body fat percentage alarms me...

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan

Imagine how big a forty-something-pound chunk of fat would be... :eek:

But don't put too much confidence in those numbers. Those gizmos aren't all that reliable. ;)

14. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington

Lol thanks man!

I wish I could say that they're way off, but I think they may be fairly accurate.

Anyway, I'm not discouraged. I'll get in fighting shape in time

15. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    I didn't move this week. I worked out every day except yesterday. Even yesterday I rode my bicycle to the bank to stretch out my legs. I have a game tonight so I'll lose water weight.

It's a bit discouraging that it's taking so long to get the weight off. When I was in my early forties it came right off. Now I'm eating less, drinking less, working out more, and barely losing at all. It seems like it's going to be a long haul this time around.

16. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    Are you eating less carbs than usual? Cutting carbs has always been the key for me.

17. BadHorsie

BadHorsie Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 26, 2007
    Texas, USA
    Late posting up do to life, but I am here now so here it is down to 294. It is coming of slow, but I am closer to 100% from my injury and will be able to start working out a little more aggressively. Had good news at Doctors Apt. So things are good here!!!!!!!

18. Uncle Joe

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    Yup, thanks, good call. I've been off pasta for almost three weeks. I think I'm gaining muscle and losing inches but the weight loss has slowed. I was 193 today. I think 188 is fighting weight. I played well Thursday night. I'm getting there.

It's a lot more difficult at 52 than it was at 42, that's for sure. The pain comes faster and lasts longer and the weight comes off slower.

19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Quite a lot of pages here. Good support, but it would be nice to have a "Loser's Favorite Recipes" section or something. I've been operating on about 1,500 - 2,500 calories and around 50 grams of carbs daily. I'm not missing any meals and the weight is just flying off. No processed sugar obviously, and no bread or pasta...but more importantly no beer or alcohol. :(

Living on salmon, sardines, sausage, eggs, pork chops, smoked turkey breast, chicken breasts, and as many Romaine, spinach, kale, radish and tomato salads as I can eat. I don't use dressing, just a tablespoon or two of seasoned rice vinegar.

What are you guys specifically chowing on?

20. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    I forgot about this the last 2 weeks...
    then I dropped a little to 174.6, but for some reason haven't hit that again since. I seem to be doing all the same things, but put a few back on and they are being stubborn.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.