Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone Sporting a Big A$$ Phone? (5.5)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stephent2, Oct 2, 2017.

1. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 21, 2007
    Wisconsin, USA
    That's a nice promo now and I can see taking ir or going for the latest depending on your use and interests. I'm a sucker for the Apple brand leather cases and works best over time.

I've set up a few 8 now and reconfirmed I like the feel of matte anodized AL more than the glass back.

It gets said a lot but how people use these things and their work makes a big difference. Not toys for the work I do but I've reconsidered their being silly when I also see my wife's last fall 7 Plus purchase resulted in her never replacing her dead laptop.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    The thing about carrying a smaller phone and eyeglasses is, the phone is still small. If you have big hands, and I do, the small phone will be a source of aggravation as long as you use it. Before I got a 5.5 I couldn't understand why people were so infatuated with phones, mine was so difficult to use, it just did not compute. Now that I have a 5.5 I'm a happy camper and think up things to use it for. Bigger yet would probably be even better. In the future if I get a bigger one, I might have to shine up my little Radio Flyer wagon left over from the grandkids childhood days, just to haul my phone around in, but that'll be okay!!

3. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    My 5se has a couple small divots in the screen under the screen "protector", from me putting my keys in the same pocket,.. stupidly. It's the first time I've messed up a iphone screen so I can't see me with an 8 and it's back and front glass, no matter how super it is.

I'm not sure the Apple case will do me long term, I can drop a phone, but it's great to get the phone and case at the same time.

Edit: I just got an email says they sent the case out,.. great, I'll be able to stare at the case for a day or two before I get the phone.

And FYI: Yesterday they referred to the department that helped me as the "customer loyalty" department. They've been quite useful and I've found they can offer deals that regular sales folks can't do.

4. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Tele-Afflicted

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern NJ
    I'm using an otterbox Symmetry series case, it's not too huge, so it fits in my pocket. Wasn't too pricy.

5. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I need a Phone that fits in my Shrit Pocket.
    If it's too big for that, I don't get it.
    NOPE!!!

6. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 21, 2007
    Wisconsin, USA
    What stephant2 has on order fits in my shirt pockets. They are quite standard - almost always button down collar dress style or outdoor sports and work type shirts.

7. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    Due to be delivered today!

And, all set up. I'll adjust just fine.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.