Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone Sporting a Big A$$ Phone? (5.5)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stephent2, Oct 2, 2017.

1. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    My iPhone 5se is in need of replacement and I'm drawn to the dual camera of the iPhone 7 plus (no android, don't even waste our time).

But dang they are big. Not sure I'd fit into my pockets and a belt clip seems so,.. pocket protector like.

So anyone using a big (5.5 screen size) and is it manageable? How do you tote yours?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017

2. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    Yes, I have the I-phone 7 Plus. I put it in the back pocket of my jeans or pants. In my car I slide it in the map pocket of the door. At work I have a generic stand I put it on. No big deal and the older I get the more I appreciate the larger screen.

Tommy Biggs and stephent2 like this.

3. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    My Nexus is 5.5 (AFAIK) and it is too small for me. My next phone will be a phablet - not as big as the fat bastard's above but bigger than 6".

I use my phone to watch u-tube at work and as a Nav in the car - a bigger screen is wanted.

drf64, chiefline and roknfnrol like this.

4. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    6 Plus with a protective case. Fits in the pocket of every pair of pants/shorts I own. Size is a non-issue in that regard. Seemed big at first I guess.

Could never go back.

MilwMark and Ex-riverman like this.

5. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    iphone se...it's a mini..but fits anywhere

xafinity likes this.

6. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Love my LG V20. Best phone I've ever owned (that includes apple). It's comparable in size to the Nexus 6, 6P, and Pixel. The camera is better than the iPhone 7. I'm a Google guy. I absolutely love how integrated everything is. And restoring or setting up a phone is as easy as entering your gmail account.

7. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I like big phones
    And I can't not lie

I got 4G
    And wi-fi

My data plan has no end
    And when I call and text my friends

They never get disconnected
    And it's virus protected...

and so on and so forth

Bill, Deeve, drf64 and 9 others like this.

8. stephent2

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    Since you went there,..

And the iPhone 8 plus is better than your LG V20, in reviews your phone is one point out of 10 better than a 7. The reviews put all these phones within a few points of each other. You choose what you like.

here's an android fanboy's review. of the two, yours and a 7plus. he tries to make the point his LGs camera is better, but that's his POV, both are very close, I prefer the 7plus's photos in his example.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin...s-than-lg-v20-or-huawei-p9-plus/#376653681964

roknfnrol likes this.

9. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I upgraded my 4S to a 6S as I was afraid the Plus was too big. My wife got a Plus. I became jealous of her real estate. Got myself a 6S Plus. Not too big at all, in my pocket or jacket. And after using a Plus for a while I look at the smaller ones and wonder how the heck I ever used such a small phone screen.

10. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    I have a 7 plus. Its a typical iphone. I have had it right at a year and I have constant screen freezes. My wife got about 3 weeks out of her first 6 plus before it quit charging. Before this one I had a 5 and 2 5’s in a one year period. If you can get 2 years out if a phone your doing good and choosing to pay what they want for iphones is assanine in my opinion. I will be going Android my next phone.

11. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Someone had to do it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    stephent2 likes this.

12. stephent2

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    I've been using iPhones since they came out. Always a late adaptor, I'm usually one or two versions behind and keep my phones for three years or better. I use my iPhone 4 as a iPod, it still holds a charge.

Tommy Biggs and xafinity like this.

13. stephent2

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    JayFreddy likes this.

14. LowCaster

LowCaster Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2011
    Paris, France
    Tiny Iphone 4 here. I fear the day I'll have to replace it.

15. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    The image didn't render correctly at first, and just showed the link... Now I'm wondering if I should have kept it that way. I imagine it would have generated more clicks! ;)

16. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    Hopefully I will have a good comparison soon. I chose an Android for my work phone over the iphone.

17. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west
    Im still using this one..[​IMG]

18. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.

I've had an iPhone 6+ for a few years now. It's big, but as I spend more time using the internet on my phone, not to mention occasional recording using the Garageband app, as well as watching movies, I really like the big screen and probably would not go back to a "regular" size phone. And it does fit in my pocket, even with a fairly large protective case.

19. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    7 Plus...it's my first big one, and size is not an issue. (that's NOT what SHE said)

Tommy Biggs likes this.

20. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    If you saw my iPhone 5 in my hand you'd laugh. But - you'd only see it if I opened my hand.

I do voice text only. :oops:

A Plus model would be fantastic but that's neither a "fun" or "totally necessary" purchase so - ain't getting one...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.