Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Anyone Have Experience of 42nd Street Guitars in the UK?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by strat1962, Jan 31, 2013.

1. strat1962

strat1962 TDPRI Member

Hi Guys

Title pretty much says it all, but any of you guys have any experience of UK builders 42nd Street http://www.42ndstreetguitars.co.uk/index.php I think it's part of http://guitarangel.co.uk/ and the luthier Angela Arnott.

I was looking for a replacement Tele body and would like to hear from anyone who has experience of these UK manufactured and finished parts.

Thanks

2. strat1962

strat1962 TDPRI Member

3. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

I actually have a 60s Classic Tele body getting refinished by Angela as we speak - her work certainly looks awesome and I'll obviously be able to confirm better in a few weeks time when she's done. So far she's been a pleasure to deal with, great communication and she keeps you informed of progress all along the way.

No experience of the parts/ bodies/necks she uses though but I expect they'd be top quality to match her work.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Telelite

Telelite TDPRI Member

I've had a lot of dealings with 42nd street guitars. They are fantastic! I had a double bound lightweight body off them last year. It was sprayed to my requirement and is absolutley brilliant. Angela had a stall at the Bristol guitar last year and generated a lot of interest in her kit guitars. I can't recommend her highly enough. She's built guitars for me as well as carrying out numerous repairs and mods i've gone to her with over the years. Great to deal with over the phone and extremely knowledgable. A true Guitar Angel! A visit to her workshop is always a pleasure, i'm like a kid in a sweet shop.

6. strat1962

strat1962 TDPRI Member

Thanks for your replies guys.

Telelite, a double bound tele body is exactly what I'm looking to buy. Sounds good :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. Chevalier

Chevalier NEW MEMBER!

I bought a 42nd street 'Sinner' (SG type guitar) from Vintage and Rare two months ago. The quality of workmanship is quite extraordinary. I have been buying and selling guitars for over twenty years and this is one of the nicest guitars I've ever had. Beautifully put together, light, resonant, with a single 'Nantucket' pickup and responsive volume and tone controls. I a/b'd this to my Gibson 1958 Les Paul junior and, if anything, the Sinner had a little more note separation and clarity... if only I could play like Leslie West!

8. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Looking at the "how to buy" section, it appears that they are affiliated with Rothko and Frost Luthiers supplies who get good reviews on TDPRI.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.