Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone have a Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Bruxist, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    If so, what do you think?

2. Kitty

Kitty Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2012
    Space
    I've had the Olympic White VM Tele Deluxe since October of last year.
    It's become my favorite guitar, my others have ended up going into cases since I go for the tele all the time.

Fret work, action and finish was perfect. No problems with it. Neck is a bit chunkier than the MIM and CV tele's I tried at the store, makes it really comfortable to play.
    It's still stock as I'm happy with it. Only change I've considered is the pickguard, mainly because I saw a pearl blue one I really liked the color of.

Love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything. : D

3. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Sweet! What do you think of the pups? They sound Gibson-y?

4. Kitty

Kitty Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2012
    Space
    I like them fine. Not really Gibson-y though to me. Sort of in between fender and gibson. I can still get Fender tele tones out of the bridge but not as pronounced as a normal tele. The neck is a bit darker, warmer.
    Check out some YouTube vids, to me they are unique sounding.

5. erratick

erratick Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    SoCal

6. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 18, 2003
    Vermont
    Played one in a shop today. Very nice neck, a bit on the chunky side. Pickups were nice, maybe a little vanilla, but good sounding. Action, fit and finish were great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.