Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anyone every dealt with rareelectricguitar.com

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by vj6pac, Sep 29, 2013.

1. vj6pac

vj6pac TDPRI Member

Sep 6, 2011
    australia
    Hey guys i was just woundering if anyone had ever dealt with www.rareelectricguitar.com and if so how was the experience and more importantly how was the guitar when you received it?

the reason i ask is i was looking into making a replica Jimmy Page dragon tele and was looking at pics on the net when i came across this http://www.rareelectricguitar.com/Jimmy-Page-Telecaster-with-Satin-Finish-sale_175.html which is ready to roll and sounds to good to be true but for that Little money i could upgrade the tuners and pick ups and still be ahead of buying everything and having to do the paint job.

2. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2009
    Franklin New Jersey
    Do not know the site. I have to check it out.
    There are a lot of counterfeit guitars coming from Asia.
    America need to crack down on importing.

3. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    By the look of the pictures they should change their name to cheapandnastyguitar.com

4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    My guess is that Gibson's legal team will shut these guys down asap.
    I've seen fakes that use the same peg head shape as Gibson, but I've never seen anyone go as far as to fake Gibson's logo.
    I think that $3500 for an LP is hard to justify all things considered, but to see them faked down to the logo is disgusting and I hope they get shut down before the next logical step, which is someone will sell these to someone as the real thing.
    It's one thing to for a fake to be fake, but when they make there way into unsuspecting customers as real Gibson's, well someone should held accountable.
    That's my 2€

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    MIC bootlegs. When a company is willing to cheat that much, you gotta wonder if they're gonna cheat you, too.

6. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    They also use a blurried F logo.

7. KenH

KenH Tele-Holic

Jun 30, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    They were discussed over a year ago when they advertised the Buck Owens Red, White & Blue Tele complete with his bio. Apparently still in business.

8. bob1234

bob1234 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 22, 2013
    Michigan
    These guys have been up for a couple years now....

Made in china, just like the other made in china guitars... So, pay 150$ for a squier tele with a company backing it, or 450$ on a squier tele with a fancy finish and a fake decal with no customer support. Seems like an easy choice for me.

9. bob1234

bob1234 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 22, 2013
    Michigan

Actually, its canada that needs to crack down on importing. Most counterfeit companies like this liason through Canada, and we blindly import from canada VIA "NAFTA", so thats how most of them get into the country.

10. boredguy6060

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    After about an hour of researching, it appears that this company has been around a couple of years. Their own website states that they replicate name brand guitars down to the most minute detail.
    If there own info can be trusted, they are selling hundreds of guitars a day.
    They of course admit that their electronics are cheap, but encourage buyers to upgrade on their own.
    They make a strong point that their bodies and necks and finishes are top notch, they only scrimp on the electronics. No plywood body's, solid mahogony with thick top grade maple tops on all their LP's.
    However I sent them an email asking if it is possible that my replicated Gibson Randy Roads model my be ceased by customs, as they do often with other "Replica's".
    Haven't heard back from they, although they claim the best customer service on the planet.
    If I hear anything I'll pass it along.

11. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2008
    Cambridge Vt.
    I looked around the site and they seem to be fairly up front about the fact that they are producing replicas, and not the real thing. The pics look good. It'll be interesting to find out how good they are if/when someone buys something from them.

12. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Those don't look like replicas to me. More like unauthorized counterfeits. Caveat emptor.

13. boredguy6060

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    I still find it appalling that one company can copy another companies logo.
    I don't have a problem with anyone building a better LP or a better Tele and selling them as their version of a better whatever, but when you put another guys name on your product, well counterfeit is the only name for it.

14. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

"We feel very happy for realizing their dreams, and we think this is the meaning and reasons of our existence."
    When I see sentences like this on a website I get a little wary. The above is just one example from many, the grammar is the give away. Yes they are upfront about producing replicas but some of their "rare" guitars with their fuzzy headstock decals look a bit piscatorial.
    The Artist brand are sold here in Aus as Artist brand and they are a cheap Chinese (I think) brand of guitar and pretend to be nothing other than that.
    There are some very good quality guitars coming out of China but there are also some shockers. The good stuff is mainly from known brands, Squier Epiphone etc, where quality control is ok. We seem to be in the same situation now, as we were in the late 60s and early 70s, when Japanese companies were producing some good quality stuff but also flooding the low end of the market with some "interesting", to put it politely, instruments. I would not buy any instrument unseen and unplayed, even a known brand, as any manufacturing process can produce some clunkers. Treat guitars as you would a car, test drive it first.

15. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    And don't buy a counterfeit one. :D

16. Dimetime

Dimetime NEW MEMBER!

Feb 23, 2014
    Houston
    Okay time to speak some knowledge in a conversation that has none. I read this same crap all the time about Chinese guitars such as Rare Electric, Aliexpress and DH Gate are all junk and are nothing like the real thing. I havepurchased from all three of these and out of five guitars only one was distinguishable from the originals. The Joe Perry Boneyard has never been figured out in all tue shops in Houston that its been in. This is of course after hardware was changed to original. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pay the ridiculous cost of an American LP, when Ican get a very decent 2nd for 10%. And how in the hell are these companies going to be shut down when they are in China. This is an alternative for hardworking family guys like myself who will never be able to afford a $3k guitar and as long as I dont try to deceive anyone into buying one, then who the hell is getting (butt) hurt?

17. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2003
    Minnesota
    How much are you being paid to shill for these thieves?

Make no mistake about it, these are counterfeiters. We're not talking about trademark infringement here, we're talking thievery, passing off a fake as the real thing. These counterfeiters are stealing money and reputation from the companies they're counterfeiting. People who knowingly buy counterfeits have no business trying to pass themselves off as hard working family guys.

18. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Honestly, I think the sound of butt hurt is coming from somebody who wants to justify knowingly buying a counterfeit guitar, and doesn't like feeling judged about it.

19. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2007
    Michigan
    First post? Either a shill or a troll. I doubt he or she is serious. I'll opine anyway. It is theft. I wonder how many "Is this ______ real?" threads have propagated. Seems there are are a couple every day now. I never understood why somebody cares what name is on the headstock, it's just bizarre and insecure.

The more people support these businesses, the more unsuspecting buyers from ebay, CL, et al. get ripped off as they are circulated in the market.

20. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2007
    Michigan
    Anybody who uses the word "butt hurt" or variants of it are more than likely under the age of 18. Shill, troll, whatever; he needs to grow up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.