Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Anyone build a 7knob Howie?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by sjturbo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

I've been looking at some schematics and a vero layout for this pedal and wondered if anyone had built one and if so what were your resulting opinions? I have feedback from one builder that it sounds much like a Ceriatone OTS (he owns both), and that sounds good to me.

2. JHVH!

JHVH! Banned

That's a lot of freaking knobs.

Where'd you find a layout for this monster?

3. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

It is a lot of knobs, Picture here. (http://www.surfguitars.com/menatone-howie.html). I found the layout here; http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=3569. I believe the schematic is at FSB. I think it is a preamp and od pedal combined, that would likely account for all the knobs. There are a few clips on Ytube, but none that sound like OTS or Rford or Lcarlton. I'm basing my interest on contacts with someone who owns both the Ceriatone OTS and has built the pedal. I was hoping there might be others that might have some experience.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

Built!

I finally got it together! It needs tweaking to reach its' potential but it lives. Only one issue to overcome is the 80/90 switch does not seem to make much difference.

6. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Cool, man. I hope you're happy with the circuit. But too many knobs and huge veros turn me off...I don't know how I buit a RAH (5 knobs), probably cos' I'm a big sucker for Jimmy Page. I don't know if I'll ever repeat the experience. :)

7. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

Thanks! I still have not stuffed it into an enclosure :)

8. poiureza

poiureza Tele-Holic

lol :p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.