Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anybody use these GFS XGP bodies?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by aalcantara, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
    I was on the waiting list for that same tele body,... Fiesta red Double-bound. I was alerted and almost bought one for a loaded pickguard I have for it.. It is my favorite color body and I love the binding on it.. I will get one next time.. I am really happy you got one... They are sold out again.... Please let us know how it works out for you.... Have you weighed it? Thanks!

2. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2016
    estados unidos
    The only thing I can say about GFS bodies is that it highlights the fairly silly price the big(ger) makers ask for a raw routed body. So far I haven't seen anything in any of the GFS "horror story" here that I couldn't fix in about 30 minutes tops. For the financially-challenged, a finished body for less than a hundred bones is pretty welcome.

3. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    No idea about the XGPs, but I wouldn't recommend the lower end finished bodies they sell. I picked one up for a Strat build and the finish is very, very thin. Scratches down to the wood very easily. Fit the neck in the pocket, chips coming off all around. Luckily I got black so I did a lot of touching up with gloss black nail polish. Also, very swirly with lots of surface scratches when it arrived. Required a couple hours polishing with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze, but that's no big deal to me.

I've gotten an unfinished body in the past; although it was very rough it was fine. Routs in the right places, decent wood.

LowThudd likes this.
  4. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2010
    North Dakota
    It worked out great. I swapped a different neck just because I prefer rosewood. Total weight is a tad less than 7 lbs. I just have an old Fernandes neck pickup and a Stew Mac bridge pickup installed, but it's a balanced and snappy sounding Tele. I still have to screw the pickguard down, if anyone wonders about the third picture and dial in the intonation.

IMG_1163.jpg IMG_1165.jpg IMG_1166.JPG

5. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
    Really nice.. Thanks for the pics.... Love it!

6. stringsthings

stringsthings TDPRI Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Indiana US
  7. TeleAlex

TeleAlex TDPRI Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Ohio
    has anyone tried any of these "special purchase bodies" with the glued in necks from GFS?

[​IMG]

8. disconnector

disconnector TDPRI Member

May 7, 2018
    East Coast
    I've been looking at the same thing . . . wondering if they are worth the scratch.

9. dalezjc

dalezjc TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Me too. Was looking at the same thing.

10. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    The city
    Old thread but, will a strat neck fit in their tele bodies? I have a licensed strat neck a buddy gave me that fit fine in his Fender strat body. Im looking at the natural finish ash gfs tele body.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.