Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anybody On Board with 5 G Yet?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by R. Stratenstein, Feb 9, 2019.

1. rangercaster

rangercaster Friend of Leo's

May 8, 2008
    portland, or
    I'm looking forward to self-driving appliances .. my fridge can drive itself to the store and fill itself with beer and return home while I take a nap ...

imwjl likes this.
  2. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Meister

May 3, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    5G will kill the tube amp industry.

unixfish, R. Stratenstein and imwjl like this.
  3. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    Ha! Yeah! I'm with ya! I'm retired from the technology field. I could care less about centering my life around a 3 x 5 piece of technology. I have a Motorola unlocked cell phone, which I bought for $120. My cell phone plan costs me $10 a year. It's a pay as you go (they don't offer it any longer). Once you hit $100, your minutes are good for a year. If you add money each year ($10) all your minutes roll over for another year. I use it for the strange purpose of...Making Phone calls that last maybe 2 minutes at most. I have no data plan, just Wi-Fi. No guns for me, just Guitars, Keyboards and my wife. We actually talk when we go out to a restaurant.

OldDude2 likes this.
  4. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    I didn't jump on 4G LTE until Microsoft Store was closing out Nokia 520's for $29. I won't be getting 5G until those phones are going just as cheap. I have Puretalk as a provider, it's an AT&T pay as you go plan. What I like is it costs $15/month for 2 lines and minimal minutes, but what you don't use, rolls over on the primary line forever. I think our primary cell number has like 4,000 rollover minutes on it, and I can move minutes to the secondary phone any time I want. There's also some data included per month, but I don't use it. I get like 2 texts a month, and I don't text anyone, even though all my old friends tell me to text them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM
  5. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    Is it Par for the Course?

6. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    There isn't even that much true 4G out there amongst the Towers, let alone 5G.
    Right now, it's just an advertising tactic.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    No, but it sure helps you to try to get there!

8. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 6, 2016
    Hudson Valley, NY
  9. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Well, I'm looking forward to getting my mistakes published faster

10. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    What tumour does this one give you?
    One that fights the 4g tumour?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:40 PM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.