Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anybody mod their Classic Vibe Tele?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by aalcantara, Apr 7, 2015.

1. notyalcer

notyalcer Tele-Meister

Nov 6, 2005

2. Tony Ounsworth

Tony Ounsworth Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2013
    Herne Bay
    Nice! I've also got a Bigsby on mine though, albeit using a Vibramate:

[​IMG]

Not that I'm using it in this video from Saturday. Teles ain't just for country! ;)

3. borntohang

borntohang TDPRI Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Arsend, Yorkshire. UK
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaah didn't need to see that. I don't need a Bigsby, I don't need a Bigsby, I don't need a Bigsby...

Looks great man, those F-logo models are just the coolest.

4. mimmo

mimmo Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy

5. Tony Ounsworth

Tony Ounsworth Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2013
    Herne Bay
    It wasn't cheap, but it was a doddle to install and of course it's completely reversible because I used the vibramate. I've found it to be remarkably stable. The only thing I couldn't do was keep my brass compensated saddles, as the strings didn't sit right on them. So I went back to the original threaded ones the guitar came with.

It's also got a Fender 60's Baja neck on it as well now, so only the body and pickups are original. I love the pickups, they aren't going anywhere!

6. deebs

deebs TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Canada
    Here is my CVC with a '57 classic pickup in the neck, and a Keystone in the bridge. Vintage pearl warmoth pickguard and gold hardware.

[​IMG]

7. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Sweet!

8. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    I replaced the pickups in mine although the stock pickups were really good.

9. loudcherokee

loudcherokee TDPRI Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    I don't yet have mine, but plan to very soon purchase a CV50s Tele in the butterscotch color. I'm a lefty so it's the only color choice I get.

I plan to replace the nut with a Tusq nut, change the pots to a matched set of CTS pots, OG switch, Switchcraft jack, and a treble bleed in the wiring. I use the upgrade kits from The Art of Tone on Amazon. Being a lefty, I always change the pots and wire them normal, since a righty pot wired lefty always ends up acting like an on/off switch with no sweep.

LC

10. drewflax

drewflax TDPRI Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Chicago

Gorgeous!

11. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Am in the process of modding my CVC. I have a Wilkinson bridge with compensated brass saddles, a 4-way switch, Keystone pickups, and Schaller strap locks.

Planning on getting a Fender Vintage 60's neck when back in stock.

And a black 3-ply 5-hole pickguard if I can find one.

12. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO

Has a nice look to it. Great job.

13. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Here you go. Warmoth can make one for you for $25.00. Just select the options you want.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/TelePickguard.aspx

14. alexcoupe

alexcoupe Tele-Meister

May 17, 2013
    Portugal
    I´me moded mine but not too much, Wilkinsom brass and hig E alluminium compensaded saddles, Fender Pat. Pend ashtray bridge, aged wite 5 hole pickguard, straplocks, and thats enough, this guitar is amazing.

15. m.bennett

m.bennett TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Lower Slower, Delaware
    I bought my first Tele at the beginning of this year. My CV was fun, but lacking. So I first put D'Addario Pure Nickel 10s on it. Next, I swapped out the Neck Pup for a Texas Special one. Loved it! Then realized I didn't care for my bridge Pup. So, took it out and threw in a stock Fender American Standard Bridge Pup in it. Loved it, but in the process I guess I fried my switch "microchip". It died on me the next day. So, on the way is my prewired Emerson Guitars Reversed 3-Way-Tele Kit. I don't like where my tone switch is, so I figured I'd go ahead and change it around while ordering the Emerson electronics. They also come with a treble bleed already in them. Next will be a Bigsby, then a Warmoth maple neck w/ebony fingerboard and mother-of-pearl dot inlays. I also want to get different knobs so i can see where I have my volume and tone set to, just so I can recall where everything is in the middle of a set if I discover a "sweet spot". Then buying another guitar...possibly Gretsch? I'll keep updating as I go. I also may repaint it a darker green with metallic flake in it...if I decide to go the green route, I'll just throw an American Standard Rosewood neck on her.

Attached Files:

16. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Welcome to the forum, m.bennett! That CV of yours has some nice grain visible through the finish. Enjoy your modding!

17. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Yep, let me repeat what Tony posted. That's an exceptionally nice looking VB CVC. The grain is a nice added benefit. Very sharp looker and also welcome to the forums. You'll enjoy it here I'm sure. Lot's of very pleased CV and CVC owners.

18. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    My recent acquisition, the gold/brone FSR CVC is undergoing a pickup transplant and a slight cosmetic change. I'll post some new pics when it's done but essentially these are the modifications.

A Kent Armstrong RW/RP Rag Top Alnico P90 will replace the stock neck humbucker and a Cavalier Nashville Lion will replace the bridge Alnico V. I'll leave the 3-way switch in this one and the 250k pots but add a treble bleed to the volume pot and the parchment pickguard is being swapped for a vintage pearl one.

Pics to come in another week or two.

19. Ed Boyd

Ed Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2009
    Illinois
    I've been pricing bodies and necks for a G bender project. I am leaning heavily towards a sunburst CVC as a starting platform. Thinking of doing it as an Esquire.

20. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2010
    USA
    I used to have a CV 50s. I took the neck off the 50s and put it on the CVC. I got a black satin finish esquire pickguard. I got the Esquire ToneShaper with 4-way switch. The pickup is a Fender Broadcaster.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.