Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anybody else up eating hot fries...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chick-N-Picker, May 11, 2018.

1. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    I like the Andy Capp Hot Fries but I haven't enjoyed them for over a year now since I've been on a strict diet plan. Losing 80 pounds was worth it though.

JustABluesGuy and Chick-N-Picker like this.
  2. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2017
    Baltimore
    Eating nothing allows for some stomach acid shenanigans.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I think burnt buds is a function of heat/time. I never cared for Tabasco on anything. It just seemed to burn away the flavor of food. And Tabasco is probably the most entry level pepper sauce there is.

Over many years I've increased my usage of Tabasco to the point where I now smother eggs or chicken with it and enjoy it. But I have no desire for anything hotter. When I use anything warmer it, once again, destroys the flavor. There are some Thai foods that are pretty warm and manage to blend into the flavor well...but the heat for the sake of heat is still not something my buds will agree to!

jannodude and Chick-N-Picker like this.
  4. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I agree. I like heat but it has to add to the flavor and make it better. Eating something just because it's really hot has never been my thing.

I live in Carolina but have never even tried a Carolina Reaper pepper.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    What no one has mentioned yet, is that spicy foods (especially peppers) contain capsaicin, which will cause the brain to release endorphins, giving you pleasure or a "high". So there really is a reason we become "addicted" to spicy stuff, and often (not always) seek hotter and hotter food.

6. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I've been seeing wing stop commercials but have never seen one. So I just googled it and the closest one is about 40 minutes away, just like everything else. At least it's under an hour.

7. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I eat Habanero peppers almost daily. I either make it into a sauce or chop it up directly onto my food. I don’t plan to go any hotter as my insides isn’t too happy when I eat too much :oops:

8. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this. Like any drug, you develop a tolerance and need ever more to achieve the same effect.

nojazzhere likes this.
  9. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    The hat looks alright to me, but the cravat/scarf is all wrong.

10. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Wait, you keep a bag of those on the nightstand and eat them in bed?

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.