Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anybody else up eating hot fries...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chick-N-Picker, May 11, 2018.

1. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    ...at 2 a.m. Don't sleep too much or too well and I had a half of bag of Chester's Hot Fries on my night stand. Got hungry so I started shoveling them as fast as possible because I knew the pain would come. Oh so, delicious but now I don't want to go get a glass of milk.

All this lead me to think about spicy/hot food. I love it but I can not take the pain, yet I'll eat until I'm in mouth agony because the taste is wonderful. Why can't we just get the taste without the heat?

Anybody else enjoy hot/spicy foods?

Toto'sDad likes this.

2. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Meister

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    Nothing like a good sweat! Sometimes I douse Tabasco on every bite of my meal. My mouth is watering and my face is starting to sweat just thinking about it. Pickled jalapenos on a good burger.

My face seriously is sweating.

Nubs and Toto'sDad like this.

3. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    Yep, I had flaming hot cheetos, spicy doritos, and a bunch of hot sauce on my hot dogs in the past few days, I'm craving hot foods too!

Toto'sDad likes this.

4. AbisFjord

AbisFjord Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    Texas
    Bout to crack a bag of BBQ flavored pork rinds...

Toto'sDad likes this.

5. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Aug 24, 2009
    Southwest MN
    Had some Doritos Blaze last weekend, moderately warm with good flavor.

6. jimmytheshoe

jimmytheshoe Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Aug 1, 2017
    Chicago
    Love me some hot.
    My current addiction is the habanero/mango wings from Wing Stop. When I was a tad younger I could eat whole fresh habeneros like candy, 52 year old version of me needs the sweet to offset the heat.
    Still love Flamin' Hot Cheetohs ;)

Nubs and Toto'sDad like this.

7. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    Man, I can feel your heartburn from here!

8. Mr C

Mr C TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just finished up eating a yummy goat curry... love spicy foods. We lived in Malaysia for a few years and the foods in SE Asia are just divine...

9. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    I wish I could, a twist of black pepper on food is as much spice as my stomach can take before it goes into meltdown, been that way all of my life so I stay clear of spicey food.:oops:

10. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I love their mango/habanero flavor as well, always get those when I’m there.

11. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    These are my favorite. Not crazy hot, but tasty

32855e82-7fac-4904-8117-87cb5200afbc_1.789afe966c9314942ed47cb6b3a3baa5.jpeg

gobi_grey likes this.

12. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Unknown.jpeg My favorite after school nosh circa 1980, I saved up five bags or so and sent for a free "Andy Capp figure" it was about 3" tall and made of felt, it looked nothing like the man.
    They could have at least gotten the hat right.. >.<

a0816033.jpg

Chick-N-Picker, bgmacaw and RoyalBaby like this.

13. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    If it were me I would have demanded my empty torn plastic bags back! :D

14. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Man if you could eat habaneros without flinching you must have been born with an asbestos lining in your mouth!

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I like hot stuff, go through a big jar of hot salsa pretty quickly. I use Tapatia on most anything in my plate. I eat chili peppers with Louisiana Hot Links, I like spicy foods!

17. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    One of those Scientific Americans w Alan Alda covered hot peppers. Some people are fairly immune to heat. I m not, so Jalapanos or Cayennes raw are ok, but Habaneros are just too painful.

Toto'sDad likes this.

18. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Back when I was working, one of the delivery guys grew habaneros in his garden. He'd bring them to work and eat 'em like apples. I imagine his afterburner must have been made out of titanium!

boredguy6060 likes this.

19. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    When we went to Cancun we went on a coach trip out and the guide was getting people to try chilli's ( passing the time type stuff). The American tourists were exploding but they just seemed just reasonably hot to me. Turns out that my quite Indian subcontinent influenced diet trumped the Mexican stuff.

20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

What is confusing to me is, the level of heat doesn't seem to match the level of heartburn. I only get heartburn if I eat either too much or basically nothing, other than the spicy dinner or snack. Hmm. Maybe this does make sense, on further reflection. Maybe what doesn't make sense is eating too much or eating basically nothing.

gwjensen likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.