Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Any Texans confident in routing another man's Tele for Parsons B-Bender?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by tlandonevans, May 26, 2017.

1. tlandonevans

tlandonevans Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    I'm looking for someone here in Texas who can route my Telecaster and install a Parsons/Green B-Bender. So if you know of any good luthiers who could do this, or if any of you have successfully done this, let me know.

I'd just send it to the people who make those Bender systems, but they're so dang expensive, then you add in the shipping cost and their wait time and it's just not something I want to deal with.

2. Hammerdog

Hammerdog Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 26, 2016
    Texas
    If your in the east Tx area. Hawkins Tx. You could try Action Sound

They do good work. (110 mi. East of Dallas)

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. tlandonevans

Mar 27, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah, I'm familiar with Hawkins. Grandpa used to have a cabin there. Wish I would have asked this earlier, because we actually have an East Texas gig tomorrow.

5. Hammerdog

Hammerdog Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 26, 2016
    Texas
    I see your in Lufkin tomorrow. If you come thru early enough, it's not to far north of I-20. On hwy 14 go north.. When you hit the only stop lite in Hawkins go 1/2 block Action Sound is on the left.
    They open around 10 am. Caleb or Kelly can fix you up.

Vintage amps and guitars. You won't be disappointed.

I can pm you their phone #. Have a great show. I'll try to catch up
    With you sometime soon.

I'm sure Kelly knows your grandpa. He grew up there.....knows every body.

6. tlandonevans

Mar 27, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Dang! Great info! Would definitely do it tomorrow, but infortunatle I haven't even purchased the unit yet.

Luckily I visit my grandparents fairly often, so I can swing by next time and drop of the guitar. Wanted to find someone to install it before I bought the bender system.

7. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas
    I still have the routing template for a PG install if you want to diy.

8. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA

9. tlandonevans

Mar 27, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    I really wish I could, but I'm no handyman. I think it would be fun to try, but I'm not going to try on my new American Professional, and it would be senseless to put a ~$500 implement in a $300 Mexican guitar, haha.

10. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas
    I went with the $285 PG Bender and $600 MIM. If I had the American Pro I'd go to Forrest Lee Jr. His bender has adjustable pull length and tension.

11. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Bill Bores in Houston has done a lefty P-W installation and Glaser double bender bridge modification for me. Reasonable prices and excellent work. He also fabricated a replacement lefty offset Parsons bender lever for me.

Highly recommended.

MrSea likes this.

12. cal57

cal57 TDPRI Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Marion,NC
    I sure could use a routing template , I have one I want to try and install.

13. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas
    i don't have a clue what shipping would be. I just screwed it down (4 - 3" deck screws) to plywood used as a table top with rubber mat under body. Blue painters tape on body to protect it. But the template is very easy to make and super high accuracy not required IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0210.JPG .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

14. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas
    IMG_0209.JPG The hole you drill requires super accuracy.

15. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

Apr 11, 2003
    Carlsbad, Ca
    Bring it to Bill Bores in Houston Texas. He's been installing Parsons and all sorts of benders for 10-15 years. bendershop@comcast.net

16. cal57

cal57 TDPRI Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Marion,NC
    Thank you for the pic's maybe I can use the bender to make me a pattern by.

17. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas

18. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Another satisfied customer here. And he can machine parts.

19. MrSea

MrSea Tele-Meister

May 12, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ditto on Bill Bores. His work is flawless. It would probably be wise to forego the Parsons-Green and let Bores install a Parsons-White for you. It's a much better device and by the time you get finished the price may be comparable.

20. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    I dunno where' you're at exactly, but if you haven't gotten it done yet the guys at Guitar Tex in San Antonio are awesome. Completely fixed a custom that I had built by a luthier in Austin that arrived ****ty and unplayable (IE terrible fret work, 0 fret clearance problems, a hump in the fretboard, etc...). Made it one of the best guitars I've ever played in a matter of 3 days for about $100.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.