Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any Other One Woman Men Out There?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Owensv, May 14, 2018.

1. Owensv

Owensv TDPRI Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Canton, OH
    After seeing so many pickers on this forum with whole harems of guitars (all beauts, all beauts...), I started wondering just how many guys out there are perfectly happy with just ONE Tele? (And, who is she?) I confess my own pathology in advance: I love my 52 AVRI, and don’t want another. It’s more guitar than I can play most days, and makes me wonderfully happy. Maybe some other brave souls will now also be emboldened to come clean about their similar, sick predilections?

Gibson, dablues and trahx like this.

2. Edsel Presley

Edsel Presley Tele-Meister

Jan 29, 2017
    I just like guitars in general. Probably like just owning them and working on them more than playing them. I'd build them full time if I could.

3. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    for years i only had my '83 '52 ri, but i have gone into full harem mode in the last couple years. :)

4. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    ....crickets.....

Shango66 likes this.

5. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    this sounds a lot like me

Oh come on its only been 22 min since op

GuitarJonz, YeOldeTeleDuder and drf64 like this.

6. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    Me. My tele ain't broke ( and prolly never will be) so why would I need three more?

Evil Funk, Obsessed and Zeonoid like this.

7. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Yup.

One Tele.

Only one of everything else, too.

8. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    And here i thought i was about to get a list of polygimists. You're just talking about guitars...

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I've been down to two (when I first moved to Japan), but that's the lowest number since I started. I'll never be close to that again, because of the homebuilds.

viccortes285 likes this.

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco

11. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2017
    Moravian Falls, NC
    Only one Tele, a MIM Burton Standard. But I’ve got 2 strats. One Les Paul. And a few others.

viccortes285 likes this.

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    the sooner a fella figures that out the better, eh?

13. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    No laws or societal taboos against playing around with more than one guitar...but I think if I just had one guitar I'd be a better player. All this fiddling around and looking round the internet for stuff is mostly a distraction from playing.
    I did have just one acoustic for almost ten years and for about 4 of those years that was basically all I played. That guitar feels different to me now than my others because of how well I know it - I can play to its strengths and avoid its weaknesses, and so on.

14. srolfeca

srolfeca Tele-Meister

Count me in, too.

I’ve never understood the point of having several similar instruments.

Inevitably, one is your favourite, and the others gather dust. I always ditch the others.

I haven’t so much glanced at another Gibson-ish solidbody since I found the right McCarty. Ditto for my fanned-fret Dingwall 5-string electric bass, Karol L-bodied acoustic, and NSD electric upright.

My Thinline tele isn’t a keeper yet, but once I have that nailed, that will be it for Telecasters.

Married to the same woman for 33 years, too. It just seems to be the way that some of us are wired.

15. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    My woman is okay with me having another woman as long as I tell her about it. Her. Whatever.. Or its cheating.
    Which I really don't get.

Outstanding Bill likes this.

16. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I have 23 guitars and of that 1 tele, and its an affinity the first lefty tele I have ever owned and its perfect, sound, set up, action ( and cheap) I replaced all the internals with quality fender parts , kept the pick ups I wont need another!

as for the the other 22 it because Im a diabetic kid in a candy store , and to want play a firebird and cant drove me nuts ,same with lespaul , SG, ES335, Strat etc now I can and I dont gas for guitars any more!

trahx likes this.

17. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    that's so she can do what she wants, in that regard. as long as she tells you

18. trahx

trahx TDPRI Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Timber Town USA
    Just one (lefty) Tele for me, it's a 2007 Am Std with upgrades. Had a couple other Tele's but finally realized I needed only this one. Only one Strat too.

19. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    OK, it's like a guitar is a filter of my musical message. Each guitar filters out some aspects of that, while bringing other things to the fore. I'm more interested in the message than the instruments.

One factor in this, is that I owned a bunch of the original classics: 54 strat, 53 LP, 68 LP, and 1930s L-5. I sold them to finance my doctoral studies in music about 30 years ago. The guitars that I have now work well for my messaging, but I don't have any attachment to them.

Minimalist518, Piggy Stu and 24 track like this.

20. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I only have one Tele.
    I also have one Gretsch Chet, one ES335, one PRS Kestrel bass, one Goodall RCJC, one Vox Virage, one Yamaha NTX700, one Takamine acoustic/electric, and one Strat (which is for sale).
    I do have two Les Pauls.
    I rarely keep two of the same model guitar, as I usually only play one.
    I may turn my less loved LP into a tube amp or two.
    Alas, I have become, uh, uninteresting to fair sex in my oldish age.
    I'm rolling with that.
    So far, so good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.