Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any of y'all scrape your cheek to "find out where you're from" ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta

If you don't own your own DNA, what exactly do you own in this world? If someone uses your unique DNA to make money (medicine is about making money - despite what you might have been taught) - should you not be entitled to a portion if not all of the proceeds?

What if your DNA is used to prepare a cure or treatment (always better to treat than cure, its recurring income) that you yourself need, and you cannot afford it because they have set the price to high? What if you die, because you can't afford the cure your DNA enabled?

Think strongly through the realities of the world, before you brashly hand away your genetic blueprint for nothing or pay someone 99$ to take it from you.

Teleterr likes this.

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    See above response to 'slippery slope' issue.

Nice way to admit defeat.

3. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA

You're moving the target rather than addressing the glaring slippery slope issue above. Stick to the issue you brought up.

4. magicfingers99

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    it is rather a large topic, perhaps you could tell me exactly what slippery slope you are referring to, feel free to use as many words as it takes to define your issues with my statements. I really prefer to know what we are discussing rather than you throwing shorthand at me and expecting me to read your mind.

5. magicfingers99

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    talk about inferring what isn't there. This is a discussion, not a battle, there is no defeat or victory. just enlightenment or ignorance.

6. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Yeah, really none of this passes a simple logic test.

7. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA

OK, one last try before I abandon this as a troll on your part.

Here we go again, cut and pasted from my post above, telling you exactly what I am referring to:

"'if you have any logical abilities extrapolate what they could do with your clicks and your DNA'

Slippery slope. Logic fail 101."

8. magicfingers99

May 7, 2015
    atlanta

perhaps I'm ultradense but I don't see the slippery slope that has triggered you, perhaps you could expound on this topic, so as to make me see the errors of my thinking...

9. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Nah... no more expounding is required.

That is all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.