Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any Love For The Telecaster Noir?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by JJAdams1956, Oct 2, 2017.

1. JJAdams1956

JJAdams1956 Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Just ordered one of these today...I cannot find more than two or three user reviews of these guitars and just found an amazing deal for one on Reverb...will post a review, but in the meantime, anyone have one of these?

2. jonton2

jonton2 TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Had one, sold it. Hated the pickups. Installed n4 Noiseless. Just couldn’t bond with the guitar. Well made and looked cool. No mojo for me....

3. JJAdams1956

JJAdams1956 Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2016
    Los Angeles
    OK, that's one...thanks.

4. Praxis

Praxis Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2007
    Out There
    I think they look very cool. I hope you post back here with your impressions once you've had a chance to play it a bit.

rich815 likes this.

5. toomuch

toomuch Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2017
    Chicago
    Never played one but I’m totally into the stealth look. And yes, please post some pics and impressions after you get it!

6. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

They, in the MF page, list the body as a "double cutaway". Is a Telecaster considered a double cutaway?

Maybe I've never noticed this before?

Other than the satin finish, is there something special about this Tele? Not slamming it, just curious.

7. JJAdams1956

JJAdams1956 Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Here’s my review posted on reverb.com:

Well made, cool looks...standard Tele given a "noir" treatment, meaning black on black, with some additional design details. Maple neck with a Pau Ferro fretboard, which feels a bit like rosewood. The neck has a satin finish, and is really smooth. Pickups are standard single-coil. The guitar is very playable...I originally was attracted to it 'cause of its looks...it fits right in with my band's hot-rod image and repertoire. Because this is a special edition guitar, it feels like the factory paid attention to the assembly...it feels very well put together and was good-to-go right out of the box.

Praxis likes this.

8. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    All these posts and yet no pictures?
    Cool, hope you like it.

9. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    It's so 'noir' I can't even see it.

RLee77 and nojazzhere like this.

10. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    It's like..."how much blacker can it be?"...and the answer is, "none blacker!"....

tele-bastard, Anode100 and jvin248 like this.

11. JJAdams1956

JJAdams1956 Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Noir Telecaster pics...

Attached Files:

12. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    None more blacker! :D

Those pics look pretty cool though. Makes me think I better get my #%*# together and finish my Dano build. It's gonna be black on black with a very aged maple neck. Old amber style.

IMG_0122.JPG

Early painting process

IMG_0101.JPG

That's not the neck in question, but same colour.

SonsOfMoog and JJAdams1956 like this.

13. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI
    "None more black" - perfect quote^^^

Here are triple Triple Teles in the similar scheme, but all maple necks.
    Black 'n Tort I play quite a lot lately, 4-way switch with reversed controls, split bridge pickup.

NineNocasters.jpg BlacknTort_Tele_170114sm.jpg

14. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Saw one at my local GC a month or so ago. I love the look. Beautiful guitar. With three tele’s already just can not justify it right now.

15. anfyrt

anfyrt TDPRI Member

Ain't got that exact Noir tele, but this one is pretty dark, I guess.
    Photos are taken from previous owner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Japanese Fender TC72 Order Made / Custom Made (I'm not sure how this is properly called).

JJAdams1956 and Nubs like this.

16. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I really like black guitars. I have 2 black Strats (though I'm looking to trade one) and a black Jazz bass (all with white pick guards). I'd have liked a black Tele but couldn't find one at the time. I've seen one since - black, with a black pick guard (red line around it) and a rosewood (or ebony) neck. I also saw a Wilko Johnson version which was super-cool (in my eyes) which was black with a scarlet pick guard. Very unusual - but I'm a huge fan of Wilko's / Dr Feelgood.

One day, I shall have a black Tele.

17. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    In my opinion, $0.02, and all that...

There is only one touch that guitar needs to make it look "perfect" (and it's pretty close as is): I would find black finish screws for the pick guard and the neck pickup adjusters. Maybe a sharpie could fix that? I think with the black screw heads, the look would be great.

As is, it is a really nice looking Tele. Congrats!

JJAdams1956 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.