Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any Katana Amp drive settings tips?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by tlsmack, Sep 18, 2017.

1. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2007
    Lonk I-lant, New York
    What three boost settings do you store in your amp? I like clean boost, Big Muff, and warm overdrive. The guv'n sounds good but is very close to the big muff to my ear.

I play mostly on the clean amp channel and use the boost "pedals" for dirt. The crunch, lead, and brown channels seem harder to dial in.

I was suprised how warm and dynamic the clean channel is, but i find the drive channels fairly typical bland solid state stuff.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

2. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    Where are the katana folks. I wanna know too!

3. outbreak

outbreak Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2007
    Australia
    So far i like the clean or mid boost and the guv best, for distortion stuff though i've found myself using the orange sneaky amp with a tiny bit of reverb and just cranking the gain on that with no pedal.

4. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2007
    Lonk I-lant, New York
    Haven't checked out sneaky amps yet, I will try to make time this weekend!

5. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Tele-Afflicted

Oct 19, 2005
    Bowling Green, KY
    I've got a KTN50, but I'm a clean amp guy. I've dialed in sounds more like a Deluxe Reverb. I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't need a '68 DRRI. For overdrive I set the Crunch channel to sound like my SCXD on the Marshall setting. I don't use the Lead or Brown channels. If I want more distortion I'll add the Blues Drive effect.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    tlsmack likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.