Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any info on this guy?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by fordguy_85, Sep 21, 2017.

1. fordguy_85

fordguy_85 TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Narrows, VA
    I haven't had a chance to play it through my 'good' amp, but it sounds pretty good through my frontman 15. Had to do some adjustment on the bridge saddles (they were all bottomed out on the bridge smh...), but it plays really well now. A bit slimmer profile neck than I'm used to, but pretty nice.

Good advice! Lol

5ofeight and Boil like this.

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I understand the "if a fella gets what he wants, it's all good" philosophy, but... o_O

That dude gave away a guitar that's worth more than the guitar he KEPT...

maloburro and fordguy_85 like this.

3. Boil

Boil Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2011
    B.C.
    Yeah don't let him near anything of value.

fordguy_85 likes this.

4. 10thoufirst

10thoufirst Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Nov 16, 2013
    England
    Ah, my misunderstanding, sorry. It may still be a reasonable deal though, it depends on the pickup cost obviously.

fordguy_85 likes this.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    They'd have to be pretty expensive pickups not to come out ahead on that deal!

6. fordguy_85

fordguy_85 TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Narrows, VA
    He wants a set of SD Quarter Pounders, so ~$125

7. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Yeah, this friend of yours might be off their meds. Be ever vigilant. Congrats on the beautiful guitar!

telemnemonics and fordguy_85 like this.

8. KellyCaster71

KellyCaster71 Tele-Holic

Mar 29, 2011
    Humble, Texas
    Here's what the bridge on yours is supposed to look like just in case you want to take it back to what it was. Mines just the same, just a CAR version.

_DSC2928.jpg _DSC2929.jpg _DSC2930.jpg _DSC2932.jpg

fordguy_85 and telemnemonics like this.

9. fordguy_85

fordguy_85 TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Narrows, VA
    So, I got to play it through my HR DeVille last night. Not terribly impressed with the humbucker, despite it's surprisingly twangy sound. Could be a function of being mounted to the bridge perhaps? I do think I'll be swapping it out in the near future though.

The neck pickup is wonderful. Fantastic sound and good, crisp response. Also not a bad sound in the middle position, even with what I consider a less than perfect pickup in the ridge position.

As far as playability goes, after some bridge saddle adjustments it plays like a dream. The neck feels great in the hand, though I'm usually more comfortable with larger profile necks.

All in all, I'd have had to have been a fool to pass up on this deal. Especially for a $125. It would've been a deal at twice or three times the price.

dr_tom likes this.

10. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

Dec 29, 2009
    visalia, CA
    Hi, Im the other guy doing the trade. I changed my mind but you can just keep the black tele for your trouble.
    No, I have a 1992 62 mij tele with no serial by Made in Japan either. Good deal for you, congrats!

fordguy_85 and Jupiter like this.

11. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    The serial # isn't on the neck it is on the bridge plate and this one has been switched out for a 6 saddle one.

fordguy_85 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.