Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any experience with Northwest Guitars necks?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Yonatan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Yonatan

Yonatan TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Israel
    I got it in my head to build a Tele style partscaster, but I'm looking into how to source the various parts, and the problem is that shipping to Israel for the bigger parts (neck, body) is big bucks ($50 or even more). We often get free shipping here from the Asian vendors (e.g. on ebay), so that might be o.k. for the body, but I want to make sure that the neck is from a reputable company. In some cases shipping from the UK to Israel is not too bad, and from the shipping calculation in their shopping cart, it looks like they will ship a neck to Israel for only 12 pounds sterling.

PeterUK likes this.
  2. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Old England
    I bought my 4-way switching kit from them, and various small items... no necks - but I found them helpful and competent

PeterUK likes this.
  3. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    I haven’t purchased a neck from them directly but I did buy one off eBay from a guy with an abandoned project - and it was pretty good.

I fitted it to a build as a present for a friend and he’s delighted with it.

It had 10mm tuner holes and what felt like a thick poly coating but with a nice vintage tint.

The truss rod worked fine and it felt comfortable in the hand.

I purchased mine for less than half the Northwest but it would have still been good value for money at their price.

I buy other items from them and they are reliable.

I’ve included a couple of pictures which show part of the neck.

:) Peter

Attached Files:

4. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    No experience of their necks, but I've bought hardware and parts from them in the past and have been impressed...

5. Yonatan

Yonatan TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Israel
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, sounds good!

Peter, is 10mm on the big side for tuner holes? Will I need to order special tuners, or use bushings to install them?

PeterUK likes this.
  6. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    No issues with 10mm. Most of the modern tuners use this larger diameter and you can get adapator bushes for Gotoh-style tuners. I used Kluson Tonepros and there were a perfect fit.

:) Peter

7. Yonatan

Yonatan TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Israel
    Thanks. By the way, i just found another UK store, wdmusic, that looks to have very reasonable shipping to Israel. But their neck offerings are much more expensive :( Maybe I'll use them for other parts.

Any other good UK suppliers?

8. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 4, 2015
    UK and EU
  9. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    I've had good experiences with both Northwest and axecaster.co.uk

Not bought necks, but both good suppliers for stuff I've needed.

10. Yonatan

Yonatan TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Israel
    Thanks for the leads, shipping to Israel seems to be hit or miss with the UK stores, for example Guitarbuild: 3-8 KG at £85.00!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.