Any Dillion Fans?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Dan R, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Are you looking for a solid body or a hollow body?
    I've picked up several of the 'made in Indonesia' Ibanez hollow bodies that play really really well for a a budget guitar.
    I've not plugged one in, but at a price of under $400, replacing pickups would not be the end of the world if it had to happen.

2. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Ron R. thanks for your response. I have no problem with Ibanez, they makes some very good guitars. I am looking for a guitar with humbuckers. It could be either solid or hollow. I've owned both in the past. A budget Gretsch is still in the mix as well. I have to make up my mind on pickups. I've owned a Gibson with a P-90, not sure I love them as much as some folks here, but it was fine.

I've seen some nice looking LP type Dillions and they got me interested. A Gibson LP is just not in my budget these days.

3. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

I have always been jonesing for a Moderne but at the time the only ones available were the eighties Gibson and Epiphones which were two rich for my blood. When I saw Dillion had a version I got one, it was $500 with a case. This was about ten years ago.

It was a very good guitar, needed a setup but that's no big deal. My guitar tech convinced me to flip it because it has some wood filler a couple of places on the body and neck. I now wish I hadn't because it really was no big deal and like I said, it was a very good guitar.

Like all Dillions the body wasn't exactly like the real thing, they changed the shape just enough to avoid a lawsuit from Gibson.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.