Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any comments on the thinline classic vibe

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by wayloncash, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2012
    Alberta
    These are great ! I just bought one this week. I'm happy with the setup , fit & finish , the neck , playability and the sound is awesome ! , this one was still in a sealed box in the back of the store.

2. RobG

RobG TDPRI Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Missouri City, Texas
    Received mine last night...it's noticeably lighter than my lite ash tele, the neck is thinner, the fit and finish is great but it is in need of a proper set up.

I'm happy with it...

3. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    I'm kicking myself right now. Today I passed on a squier thin line transparent red in a gator
    hardshell case. Also had a monster cable an dimarzio strap mint condition. The only prob was
    a hum when I turned up the tone. The guy was asking 200$ I spoke with my tech who said it
    was either a loose wire or bad tone pot an would fix for 10$ at the most. I've never owned a
    squier an was a little worried so I passed. Now I feel like an idiot gonna try to get it tomorrow

4. greytop

greytop Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2010
    Frederick County, MD
    THIS

5. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
    What kind of "fat" necks are you guys using, who replace the original thin ones? I like fat necks and own a blonde CV 50 Tele and a candy apple red CV 50s Strat and I wouldn't mind getting a couple fatter necks if it ain't too expensive. Are they fatter "Squier necks?" Are the CV necks sell-able? Thanks

6. Nogbad

Nogbad Tele-Holic

Aug 9, 2007
    Washington UK
    The first day they hit the shops I bought one! I went in to buy a Squier 60's vibe strat and while the guy was getting one out of stock I picked up the Custom and the Thinline to try. I didnt let go the Thinline until I got home! It plays beautifully sounds great. It its an outstanding instrument and at that price, the best instrument I ever bought.

7. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

Mar 7, 2007
    the basement
    I can't comment on the CV thinline but for a brief time I did own a Vintage Modified thinline tele with the 24.75" neck scale. It was a nice guitar to play and sounded good but I really wanted a CV50's BSB so when that was introduced I sold the VM Thinline and got the CV50 BSB. I kinda wish I had kept the VM Thinline for jazz but I am so happy with my CV50's tele that I don't miss it all that much.

8. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    Well I got the tele thin line with the gator hard case for 175$ plugged it into my amp with a different
    chord an no him from the tone pot. Love the guitar always wanted one this may be the best deal I ever
    Made. Squier is making some good guitars. Glad I checked this site last night an glad I didn't miss this
    Deal

9. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    OK on closer inspection the thin line I bought says pro tone on the headstock an has a
    6 saddle bridge what's the difference other than the bridge. Still love the guitar. Just wondering
    if its the same as the other thin lines y'all are talking about

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.