Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any comments on the thinline classic vibe

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by wayloncash, Mar 2, 2013.

1. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Bout to get one wondered about anyone else's experience with one

2. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

They are very well made, and sound great. I love mine. I confess that I like a fat neck so I swapped in a larger used one, but if you like a standard thin neck you will be fine.

3. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    absolutely wonderful guitar. it has become my number one. craftsmanship is top notch. plays and sounds great. classic tele sound with a touch of Rickenbacker. here's a pic along with my Custom

[​IMG]

4. Thinlineggman

Thinlineggman Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    Oregon City, OR
    Great guitar for the money. I immediately did the 4-way switch mod on mine and that was a worth while mod. Just recently the tuners started to cut strings because of sharp burrs forming where the string rubs, so I swapped them out for some modern style hipshots. Probably gonna change the pickups before too long as well. And I want to make a control plate that goes well with the pickguard so that I can get to the electronics without having to wrestle with the neck pickup.

But, all that said, it's still a great stock guitar. I play hard and treat my instruments as tools, so they break and get worn out pretty quick and need mods to keep going.

5. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    One of my best friends bought one a couple of years ago and I play it regularly. Great standard of finish, nice range of vintage tones in the pickups........ I'd put a fatter neck on it- but otherwise leave it alone:)

6. electricjr

electricjr Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2010
    woodstock, ny
    I had one, they are consistently nice guitars that sound and play well out of the box for the most part. I like the pickups (especially the neck), but I'm also in the fatter neck camp, so I no longer own mine. But the fretwork was great, played wonderfully.

7. teletubby63

teletubby63 TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Georgia
    I've played one at a local music store and was really impressed with the sound & quality, I'm either getting that one or the CV Custom...tough choice!!!:)

[​IMG]

8. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Holic

Dec 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Love mine, and it quickly became one of my favorites. I've kept mine stock and it plays and sounds great, but I will say the neck is a little on the thin side and I've been contemplating putting something a little fatter on it. Great guitar though!

9. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Here's mine swapped out with the used fatter neck and a pickguard change to boot. More upsides to these are being acoustically loud and the weight is usually around 6 pounds.

Attached Files:

10. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Gypsy Jim, where did you find that pickguard? I'd like to have one on mine!

11. wayloncash

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    ill probably changethe pick guard. standard neck is fine by me. getting mine wrapped in leather.

12. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2012
    Washington
    I quite like mine. I'm not the best judge, though, since it was my 2nd guitar, after a little sub-1/2 scale, and my only telecaster.

Funny thing, I ended up with it because the local GC didn't carry any cheaper teles. Well, they had the CV for $10 less, but no affinities and the like. I actually went in looking for a Dean Evo XM, 'cause I thought it was more tele than LP, but I ended up with a Classic Vibe. Guitar was a christmas present and my mom's of the opinion that there's no point in getting something that's not right for you so you can replace it down the line. Said it was something she learned about cars.

13. stephenyi

stephenyi Tele-Meister

Apr 14, 2009
    naperville, il
    I love mine -- 5.5 lbs and the most resonant electric guitar I own. It's a great guitar stock but I upgraded the pickups to Lollars and added brass compensated saddles.

14. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2012
    Rocky Mount, NC
    I'm still kicking myself about passing on a mint used one for $249.

I'm not wild about the neck profile--it is a little small for my taste but is so close to
    acceptable that I'm sure I would have adjusted to it.

Really great guitars overall.

15. wayloncash

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    years ago i had the dean xm, dont think it was evo i think it was the original. but either way i would take the affinity tele over it anyday. I didnt like the pickups tone. But this was like 8 yrs ago.

16. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 19, 2011
    wallingford,ct.
    you can get the black p/guard at WD Music-38.00 plus shipping. I recently modded mine to
    "blackout"-p/guard,tuners,bridge and knobs.put-in a 4-way harness and Twang King p/ups
    it was great before-it is totally awesome now!!

17. RollTide

RollTide Tele-Meister

Dec 25, 2012
    Alabama
    That's a sweet looking axe...

18. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Love it! I picked mine up off my local CL last summer for $200.00 with a hard case. The jack was busted so I installed an electrosocket, and I made a bone nut for it with a little wider string spacing. Other than that it's stock. I like the nice, vintage tones I get from this guitar. If you pressed me I might confess that this is my favorite tele...

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Nice guitar, I really like it a lot. Mine is totally stock and sounds kick @$$ thru my Super Champ X2.

IowaCarver

Attached Files:

20. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I've had mine for about three months. I have two Tele CV Squiers now (and a Mexi and a USA Tele).

The Thinline doesn't crackle at all from my hands gently scraping the pickgaurd. The Thinline is nearly noiseless. The solid 50's Squier sounds a little brighter and it produces a fair amount of static crackle when the air is dry. The Thinline is warmer and quieter but it has plenty of jangle. I really enjoy the Thinline.

[​IMG]

The wood and fit and finish are very nice.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Neck feels great, intonation is very good, hardware is nice. It sounds great clean or dirty.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.