Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any cheap Tele necks in the UK?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 7171551, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum.

Has anyone had any luck finding cheap Tele necks? All I want is something playable and useable with the minimum fuss. :rolleyes:

If you can steer me to a company or ebay seller you think fits the bill I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance folks!

Cheers.

2. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    I build and look for parts. Since the CITES thing there are now very few decent rosewood boards new or used around. A few maples.

Try eBay, the Fretboard, Pre-loved and Gumtree for used and parts bargains.

3. Maple would be absolutely fine. Seen a few on ebay, but has anyone any experience with them? Also, an ebay seller actually capable of selling what he has described and posting it in a timely manner would be nice.. (not that I'm bitter or anything!)

4. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Apr 15, 2005
    UK
    Last neck I bought was from Strings Direct. £199 for a 50's Mex C Tele neck.

Also check eBay for used Tele necks.

5. TT: the operative word was "cheap." :p Up here, on gumtree I could get a neck with the rest of the guitar still attached for not much more than 200 squid. :lol:

But thanks for the replies folks...

Alamo likes this.

6. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK

A buying trip up north is on the cards ...

7. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

8. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe

9. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK

10. 545454

545454 TDPRI Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Newcastle, UK
    I've got a rosewood board tele neck I don't need if you're interested? Headstock is painted but easy sorted! Its got Levinson blade tuners attached if needed. Pm me if you like. Say £40 all in, posted...

11. Some promising options here, thanks to all who took the time and trouble to reply.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.