Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any Boston area refinishers?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by soul-o, Sep 8, 2017.

1. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    I have a cheap Tokai Les Paul Jr. that I sincerely love playing- Killer p-90 in thsi thing- but the "TV yellow" is more like American Cheese yellow. I want to re- do it in British racing green, but I know that I'm really not up to that job, don't have the workspace or the right tools. Does anybody know a re-finisher in New England they'd recommend? Ideally, I'd like to not spend more on the finish than I spent on the guitar, but I know how that goes.

DrASATele likes this.

2. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Hi,

Just saw this post. I do guitar finishing and refinishing for clients all over the United States. I just finished a project for a client in Boston.

I think your guitar would look great in Pelham blue with yellowed lacquer over the top making it look green.

Contact me at:

info@badmojomakeovers.com

Or visit badmojomakeovers.com

Andy

3. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    Well, I really have my heart set on a British racing green.

4. beninma

beninma Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    DrASATele likes this.

5. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    No problem, if you are ever interested in vintage Gibson and Fender Custom Colors hit me up

;)

6. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    Have you checked finishing prices online? You might want to do that to get a general idea before getting surprised by quotes. A finish job alone runs $250-350 and up out here, but you need it stripped as well - that's going to add a significant kicker. and not all finishers will do stripping.

7. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    I know they guys at Mouradian. Great folks. I'm not sure if they do re-finishing. But it's so worth asking and visiting the shop (now in Wilmington Ma)

Do you have any examples of the BRG that look good to your eyes? and the guitar? I live north of Boston and might be able to help, but I am not a pro, I just happen to love finishing and challenges ;) PM me if interested.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.