Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Any Bob Dylan Fans here?? Look whats coming in November....!!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by rjtwangs, Sep 22, 2017.

1. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Fret Wilkes and Jim W like this.

2. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Nov 29, 2011
    Philadelphia
    It's gonna be an interesting set! Currently, I'm listening to Triplicate a lot. There are some songs there that really grab me, like his ironic take on "The Best Is Yet To Come." My only criticism is that he didn't change up the tempos enough and everything is too stately. It would have benefited from a few up-tempo numbers.

3. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

Jan 12, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    I am an eternal fan; I saw him once. But I think this is a money grab for a producer who is capitalizing on Dylan for winning the Nobel prize for Literature.

But how can you go against a guy who shuns the limelight and writes bluesy soliloquies and monologues? The last song I absolutely loved is 'Everything is Broken'. He made such a stink at the Newport Folk Festival with a Stratocaster, and didn't keep the guitar. He is the essence of cool, and he is still here.

rjtwangs likes this.

4. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    I first saw Dylan perform at the Gaslight in 1962.
    He was doing an after hours showcase and performing his first original songs.
    My 14 year old mind was blown.

Subsequently I've seen him somewhere close to fifty times including Newport, Forest Hills, Town Hall, with the Dead, with the Heartbreakers and on and on.
    I guess I'm a fan.

Mr Scallywag and wpf69 like this.

5. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    I'm very impressed, and a little envious, LP26. That's some major landmark performances you've seen. Kudos to 14yo you for spotting the genius.

6. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Trouble No More is good stuff. Especially the Live recordings. An amazing band. The DVD is amazing and strange. Some of the best live Dylan footage I’ve seen. His voice sounds great, too. The sermons interludes are bizarre but I’m glad they’re there. Never appreciated this era until I saw the live footage.

Fret Wilkes likes this.

7. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    When I saw him in '62 it was prior to the release of his first album.
    I was a beatnik kid who, blessed by circumstances of birth, roamed the cafés and coffeehouses in the Village. I got to see all manner of folks perform before they had achieved any degree of notoriety. I went to the weekly poetry readings at St. Marks Church, soaked up the music scene, and achieved a doctoral level education in counter-culturalism before I left high school... just in time to morph into a hippie and forever grateful for those serendipitous circumstances of birth.

8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    I haven't either (considered this era at all) but there's one of the live cuts on a new sampler disc they give away with each MOJO magazine and it's astoundingly good. Lotsa heavy hitters in that band.

Fret Wilkes and Ex-riverman like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.