Anticipation...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Moriarty, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

Ordered a Champion 40 from Reverb yesterday. Used, in "very good" condition. $130 shipped. I am eager to plug in and play!
    I haven't had a "real" amp in years. I have a couple dead, no name practice amps destined for projects when my ship comes in, and a Blackstar Fly 3 that I love. But this is different. I spent a long time researching and demoing amps, and this is the one that makes the most sense for me. I have a very small show coming up with an ad hoc band, I'm ever so slowly recording material for future release, and I really want to get out there and play some small rooms.
    And record without getting too loud. I live in a house with 3 apartments. Baby next door/old lady downstairs.
    The seller PM'd me right away and said he would ship ASAP.
    And the now the wait...

GuitarPix likes this.
  2. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

It's arrived! At my parents house. I didn't want it sitting on the porch here. Dad's bringing it by in the morning. I happen to be laid up with three broken toes, so I guess I'll just have to play sitting down. Not my favorite thing to do, but I'll get by

Les Paul lover likes this.
  3. Les Paul lover

Les Paul lover Tele-Meister

Congrats!!!

(On the amp, not the broken toes....)

Hope the amp does what you expected when you get it.
    And getting a new amp when laid up isn't a bad way to while away the time until you get better!

Moriarty likes this.
  4. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

Thanks!

5. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Meister

Enjoy your new amp! There's plenty there to keep you busy for a while. I found overdrive pedals don't get you much breakup because there's no tubes to overdrive. One of the British voices has a nice crunch to it if I remember correctly. The stock speaker is a light, highly efficient Chinese speaker with a good bottom end to it. If you start playing medium size rooms, upgrade the speaker for a meatier tone. Hope your toes heal quickly, you'd never think something so little could hurt so much.

Moriarty likes this.
  6. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

Thanks!

7. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

Dad dropped it off earlier than expected, and I've had a chance to test it out.
    So far I love it! Just a bunch of fun with a simple interface. It sounds exactly like I'd hoped.

8. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

You’ll probably like it. A friend has a Champion 40 and plays it in probably 30 or so ‘small room’ venues each year, running all types of electric guitars through it. I’ve played with him quite a bit and it is a nice sounding amp.

Moriarty likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.