Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anti-Bucket List

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    What's one thing that you have done that you hope to never do again and could have lived your life happily if you never did it in the first place?

2. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    White water rafting. The guide said it was a 2-3. Heavy rains the previous day changed it to solid 4. Never again.

Bones likes this.

3. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Minnesota
    Go to Juarez, Mexico. Third world crap hole. Bad experience.

4. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Bought a brand new car. A Trailblazer. Immediately we were upside down on the loan because slammed negative equity into the loan. Almost immediately we couldn’t afford the vehicle and struggled to make huge payments that are too embarrassing to mention how high. Almost wrecked my marriage. After a few years we got into a major accident and it was totalled and we still payed on it for close to a year. Getting a brand new vehicle is definitely not in my to do list again

MrMarr, Teleguy61, Jimmy Owen and 4 others like this.

5. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Got a perm in the early 80s. What was I thinking.

Jimmy Owen, dr_tom, RodeoTex and 10 others like this.

6. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    7/11 Burrito; with a 200 mile stretch to the next stop.

Fiesta Red, dr_tom, thegeezer and 4 others like this.

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

8. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Oh man, 4 is when you start having fun.
    Did 8 years of whitewater kayaking, you should try a 4 when you have to zig zag between the ice blocks floating on the river

9. GuitarGeorge

GuitarGeorge Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Long Island, NY

10. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Shark cage diving in Gaansbai with 2 metre high waves. The only thing I didn't vomit that day was my pelvis, and that was only because it got stuck on my adam's apple on the way out

Surgery on my torso: arms and legs and throats are different ball park to a big slice into your abdomen

lupowitz, John Owen and uriah1 like this.

11. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI

A small scale re-enactment of the Titanic? No thanks.

12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I once held a rattlesnake in my hands, it had had it's tubes tight to the poison ducts, but it still had them big old teeth. A guy who I worked with walked up and before he knew what was going on, I had handed him the snake! Didn't take my buddy long to hand it back to the guy who owned it. I reckon once is enough on holding one of them things.

13. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    If someone ever tells you they saw me holding a snake, they are a liar!

jackinjax and Toto'sDad like this.

14. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    I was 21 and had just gotten back from Airborne School.
    I climbed up onto the service catwalk that runs under the Mississippi River bridge, I-10 at Baton Rouge. Walked it out to the middle of the river, climbed over the rail and hung from the lowest part and did a couple pull ups. Nothing below me. Held on only by my hands. Alcohol and testosterone were involved. Far and away the stupidest thing I've ever done.

dr_tom, P-Nutz, RodeoTex and 4 others like this.

15. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    hydroplane for about 20 yards on a red Vespa, at 3 am in the rain

Paul G. and Fearnot like this.

16. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    Gone to Hoover Dam. I am petrified of heights. Went with a friend who had it on his bucket list. Never again.

richiek65 and jannodude like this.

17. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    CS gas chamber. I would do every single thing about my time in the army over again, but not the CS gas chamber.

picknfool, dr_tom and P-Nutz like this.

18. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Argue with anyone on an internet discussion forum.

19. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    White water river rafting. Nearly died - not exaggerating. We were in the rapids when the raft hit a rock and flipped all of us out. I went underwater so quickly that I didn't have time to take a breath, and was tumbling all directions under the water and could not even see or get to the surface. I had to take a breath and realized that by doing so I would inhale water and die. Strangely enough, I knew I was going to die and seemed okay with it and was about to inhale because my body was going to force me to.... and I came up beneath the overturned raft, in a pocket of air and I was gasping furiously. I could hear the guide (who was on top of the raft) screaming at me, "Get out from under there!!" So I somehow got where he could see me and he pulled to onto the top of the raft with him, which was now tumbling down the rapids completely out of control. It took us over an hour to find everyone and we lost most of the oars. The remainder of the trip down the river to our cars was silent - nobody said anything.

Never again. I still get chills when I visualize how close I came to dying. Those guys leave with a raft of 10 people, come back with 4 and call it a good day.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

20. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    Hot air balloon ride.
    I had to do it, as a promotion when I was a radio announcer; never again.

The scariest event of my life though, was my second marriage. I might not try that again, either.

3-Chord-Genius, troy2003 and uriah1 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.