Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Another New Tele Guy

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by tunegeek, Mar 16, 2013.

1. tunegeek

tunegeek TDPRI Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Guelph
    Hi all,

Paul from Guelph, Ontario, Canada here. Just got my first Tele this week, a black and white Standard from Mexico. When I decided I wanted to get a tele, I found this site, and have been lurking around reading gear reviews, and am really impressed with the community you all have created!

I live with my wife and 3 year old daughter, who has been in love with guitars even before she could say so. We have another little one on the way in just a few weeks.

I also play a Rickenbacker 360 (a '90 with the Hi-Gains) and an Ovation acoustic. Looking forward to being part of the group!

2. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    South
    Welcome! You have several nice guitars! What kind of music will you be practicing first-with the Tele? (My Tele is a MIM Standard, too.)

3. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to the forum, Paul !!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Welcome aboard.

6. tunegeek

tunegeek TDPRI Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Guelph
    I must have played every guitar on the wall the day I went in to look at the Tele, and none of them, even some more expensive Teles, felt quite as right as this one.

The first thing I played with it was Scuttle Buttin' by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Then, I've been messing with a video lesson from Eric Johnson, focusing mostly on Cliffs of Dover. I know, mostly strat guys, but I need to work up to messing with some Danny Gatton! ;)

7. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Welcome from Scotland

Hi Im also a mim standard user , also have a couple of real cool Squiers too , a CV50s and a VM Jazz job , just fitted Tonerider Hot Classic pickups to it and a three saddle bridge , sweet . Those Rickys are cool guitars , always liked them , maybe one day , anyway welcome to the forum , have fun IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

8. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome. And congrats to your family.

9. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Dec 30, 2012
    NC
  10. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

Oct 4, 2010
    canada
  11. LiverpoolFC

LiverpoolFC Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2013
    Texas
    Welcome aboard Tune! Regarding your NGD, pics or it never happened. We're a photo-hungry forum!

12. tunegeek

tunegeek TDPRI Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Guelph
    Excellent point! Finally had a chance to snap one:

image-841017842.jpg

13. LiverpoolFC

LiverpoolFC Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2013
    Texas
    Very nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.