Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Another great Okie-Tex Star Party

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rcole_sooner, Sep 25, 2017.

1. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I certainly feel that too, and want to keep that in my processed images.

More practice needed. :)

2. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    This is a tough call. Color is hard to pin down. I've seen some of these in a 40" scope and even then the assisted naked eye doesn't see much color. Maybe in a 3 meter scope that changes. :) Having looked at photographs of these for years that have been produced by giant telescopes, Hubble, etc - I feel like the processed ones give me more of a sense of what I would expect. I know that raw images of things where I can actually visually compare to the real thing tend to look washed out with low contrast - you have to mess with them quite a bit to make them look "natural". The stacking program seems to be taking a stab at dealing with that - or it might just be an artifact of the stacking. I think if it were me the first thing I would focus on is controlling the contrast/blowout, then focus on color. In fact you could probably take some conventional images at the same ISO and stack them just to provide a reference point for tweaking your process. Dunno since I've never tried that specifically - but coming up with some kind of known good reference seems like a reasonable starting point.

I gotta say the raw images have a lot more detail than I was expecting for all of that.

rcole_sooner likes this.

3. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I reprocessed a few of these images to give them a more "natural" color. I am much happier with these results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

william tele and stax like this.

4. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    Horsehead especially cleaned up beautifully. Very nice indeed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.