Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Another Fernandes that needs a date.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by PaulBaxter, Dec 29, 2012.

1. PaulBaxter

PaulBaxter NEW MEMBER!

Dec 29, 2012
    Australia
    G'day guys,

I have had this sweetheart for about ten years now. It was hanging on the wall of a guitar shop in a little town I was passing through. I had spent two years looking for the right Tele and had played everything I had seen. It had been owned by a local pro who was upgrading(so he thought) but was as good as brand new.

This guitar is pretty amazing. Can anyone date this axe or provide any info on it? I am sure everyone here knows about Fernandes idea of record keeping.

Neck is stamped TE1-SN. The grot on the bridge is not as bad as it appears in the image. Needs a clean I know but I play it a lot.. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Attached Files:

2. bunny 7

bunny 7 Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisville, Ky.
    Not a lot of help, but I found this link that might be useful some.

http://www.orangeguitar.com/aboutburny.htm

There's a section down a bit titled Serialization that has info, not much tho.
    Hope it's useful.

Welcome to the forum, glad you're here. G'day.

3. PaulBaxter

PaulBaxter NEW MEMBER!

Dec 29, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks for that. I have pretty much seen everything the internet has to offer. I find many that are similar but none that are the same. I suspect from my investigations that it is a 90's but I have not seen a lot about the MIJ models from that era. This guitar is so good I am intrigued about its history. I still play every tele I see and none sound or play as good as this. One guy offered me a clean swap for his custom shop 52 RI but I said no.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. lewis

lewis Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Colorado
    I have a bridge pickup from that same style Fernandes. Comparing it to my USA '62ri, Voodoo, and Dimarzio pickups, it's the best sounding bridge pickup I've ever owned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.