Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Another Bad Movie Experience

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Meister

May 3, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    Three words for you if you're in a city fortunate enough to have one: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. They take their movies seriously, and not only do they talk the talk, they walk the walk when it comes to the experience. Good projection, good sound and no qualms about booting the disruptive people out:

Here's their entire collection of Don't Talk PSAs (some contain non-G-rated language): CLICKY

kubiakl, voodooblues and ukepicker like this.

2. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas

YES!!! - these guys are my new heroes! I'm gonna remember them next time I wanna have a good theater experience. Dallas is only an hour or two away.

Now I'm wondering if they are hiring. . . . Wish I had the capital to open one here.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

best post ever. ever.

1955 likes this.

4. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Replace your blu-ray player with a “smart” one that connects to the internet via hard wire or WiFi. Download the Netflix/Amazon Video/YouTube etc etc app on it. Now you can watch streaming video in your home cinema. Another alternative is to replace the blu-ray player with the newest iterations of gaming systems like XBox or PlayStation. They all connect to the internet and allow for the download of said apps.

BUT, hard media is usually the most dependable and tends to offer the best picture and sound. No worries about internet connection speed, etc. That is becoming much less an issue but still.

5. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Jun 27, 2005
    Montclair, NJ
    It's not an older age thing, a "get off my lawn" scenario. Public rudeness has escalated dramatically. In movie theaters, it appears that people no longer understand the difference between a public space and their own living room. They're watching a movie - which they mostly do at home - so they act exactly as they would at home. Loud interjections, horsing around et al. Now add the coup de grace of cell phones ... a perfect storm of self-centered rudeness.

notmyusualuserid likes this.

6. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    My size 10 boots are often poised at the back of the head of the idiot in front who turns his phone on during a movie, distractig everyone and taking us out of the movie. I'll be fair - even though I like watching previews, if you need to check text, insta, FB, Twitter or whatever before the movie starts - I'll grant you that. Once that movie starts though - take it outside, or turn it off....

7. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Yeah, we've already got all of that. Our Sony Blu-ray has a lot of streaming apps. However, I prefer our Roku media device for accessing Netflix. It also does a better job of accessing our music stored on our NAS.

Oh, we're connected, baby. :)

8. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    This is what happens when a society puts the rights of the individual above the rights of the society. The worthy tenants of freedom, individualism, and self-reliance become self-centredness and egoism. People come to believe that each individual’s life belongs to himself and he has an inalienable right to live it as he sees fit, no matter how rudely he behaves.

1955, LocoTex and mad dog like this.

9. Unionjack515

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    So if you stream, no need to wait until a movie comes out on blu-ray. The only reason I went into the replace your blu-ray player post. Sorry if I missed a detail.

10. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    How can I stream something before it's released for purchase? Movies come out on Blu-ray long before they get to Netflix.

11. Unionjack515

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Many movies don’t ever come out on Netflix. Just saying you can get new release movies a lot quicker than Blu-Ray. Or just wait til the Blu-ray is released

12. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    And I'm just asking. How?? Are you talking about pirated copies?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.