Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Another Bad Movie Experience

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jul 11, 2018.

1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    If I want to own the movie, I buy it at Walmart. If I just want to watch it, I watch it on Video-on-Demand from our provider. Mostly, I wait for it to be on the free movie channels that come with my cable subscription.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

sweet. although my kids might say that you may have still heard my snoring! (one of my dogs snores louder than I do, so I take good care of him!)

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    This post deserves to be mass tweeted...

4. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Oh god......more old people bitching. Don’t some of ya ever get tired of complaining?

Mr Scallywag and MilwMark like this.

5. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    I think that the video rental place has been replaced by Amazon Video. I don't pay any attention to the Amazon rentals, but I think that they also rent blu-ray and 4k movies. I don't miss video rental stores, their short operating hours, their late return fees, finding that all of the new releases" are rented out, or finding that many of the "new releases" have been sitting on the shelves for over a year. No late fees on Amazon video and no "new releases" or any other videos that are all rented out.

I believe that if I see a title listed on Amazon video, it is immediately available, either as a rental or for free on Amazon Prime video. My partner has rented A few Amazon videos; They were available instantly on the Amazon Video app, and they were available for some number of days on every Amazon Video app registered to our accounts. I don't know how long an Amazon Video rental is available for viewing.

6. stratofortress

stratofortress Tele-Afflicted

Oct 25, 2011
    Maryland
    Last movie I saw in the theater was Titanic...

1955 likes this.

7. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

Oct 24, 2012
    Southern California
    Hang in there bro'........you're time is coming. We now live in a world where the youth feel entitled and the world owes them everything. The majority sucks. Rude, unapologetic, stupidly attached to social media, play their music way-too-loud in their vehicles so that when they reach our age, they are probably going to be deaf. In public, they are simply unaware of the world around them or anyone else that isn't included in their circle. So many @holes in the world today.

1955, nojazzhere and notmyusualuserid like this.

8. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    we have just cut the cable TV cord. We aren't missing anything; we have never watched "in demand". If I want to own a blue- tooth movie, I buy it from Anazon; I own it, and I can watch it forever on Amazon Video.

9. kubiakl

kubiakl Tele-Meister

May 9, 2012
    Austin, TX
    There are theaters where that kind of nonsense isn't tolerated - maybe there's one in your area? We have the Alamo Drafthouses around here and they kind of take pride in their willingness to kick out anyone who is loud or on their phone (even if it's just texting). They also only allow children on certain days. Check for smaller theaters that may have better policies around you.

JeffBlue and nojazzhere like this.

10. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2016
    In the South
    Why is it acceptable for someone's enjoyment of a movie, that they have paid to see, be disrupted by asocial idiots?

Why is it not acceptable to complain about it?

I'm sorry, but your post epitomises the thinking of the majority of modern society "I'm having a good time, so **** everybody else. Everybody else had better not ***** about it either"

11. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    i l ive in Durham, NC, and I've never seen a video rental store or Redbox in five mile or more radius from home. I would have noticed for the novelty and nostalgia value. Lots of restaurants, no video rental places.

. I suspect that there might be some in a ten mile radius, because there are three universities in a ten mile radius.

12. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Meister

May 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Next time you take a dump, don't wipe yourself. Lets see how far into the day your get without complaining. Your comment is just plain rude and inconsiderate. And if that is your cut on the matter, you are part of the issue. Smile, no one gets you.

13. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Meister

May 16, 2003
    Arizona
    BTW, a couple of years ago my cousin and his kid came home with BEDBUGS from the theatre. But it was quiet!

1955 likes this.

14. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I think the complaints are centered around this new "LOUD and PROUD" mentality. It's not enough to be loud...you now get to be PROUD of being a dipwad, loudmouth and everyone else can just suck it...

See it more and more...and all the way to the top of the food chain.

15. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    If you don't want to own the movie, but you still want to see it, how do you access the movie?

16. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    NOPE!
    I hope rad1 is just being funny....kinda like the "getoffmylawn!!!!" posts.
    Please tell me you're really not that big of an a**hole........;)

kelnet likes this.

17. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    I will rent it from Amazon Video if i really want to see it now (which doesn't happen), or I will wait until it is free on Amazon Prime or Netflix. I don't really care to watch movies that cost money. I don't rent movies, and I will not rent from a brick and mortar video store, I hate late fees.

18. dallasblues

dallasblues Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2011
    I don't know what's worse, sitting in a theater with obnoxious people or the fear of crossing some PC line by reporting them.

Mad Kiwi and nojazzhere like this.

19. dallasblues

dallasblues Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2011
    I know which theater you're talking about. It happens to me too. Snoring is the least offensive sound I make when I'm sleeping though.

20. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Ever since Natural Born Killers came out, people haven't been as nice.

Coincidence? I jest, I snuggle with my sofa blanket bottom that is all kinds of entitled.

It's bad enough that voice-to-text has hijacked my childhood accoutrements for a carousel of hipster consignment, but I cry Uncle when grease thumb needs alky-swab circles in the Iridescent obsolescence of the flat and round.

Also, the movies suck more. They just do.

I used to be Walker Percy with a stenographer's notebook wringing astringency from Hal Hartley insolence, but now you'll find me netting quizzical guffaws from folks who think Superman saying the S-word is just fine.

I'm better off with Eartha Kitt phasing over the panorama of my tent-spike garden-hose reel and I just don't think much more than my patience could be improved by purposeful dunks into the dookie-swarm that is General Public Diversion (although I just watched that Nat Turner film and thought it was brutal but a very good film.)

See first there was laughter and laughter love and hemmed slacks and THEN here comes Juliet Lewis aka Thumbs Magee into a DeNiro cigar laugh silhouette! Next thing you know, she's roped Woody into the fray and Han Solo is dead not frozen!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    getbent and william tele like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.